anybody recognise this please?

15 Replies, 12045 Views

[Image: 1060bht.jpg]

i don't think it has the intermediate small non rotating wheel we spoke of recently.
[-] The following 2 users Like bollard's post:
  • mod thana, Super
It looks a lot like the version of D51 498 that came with the Steam Locomotive Basic Set a few year ago.
This is the version that DOESN’T have the sound and steam feature. It’s very similar to the current D51 200 except for the smoke deflectors and it runs on a 2A battery rather than a C size.

Sorry, I don’t have access to a photo at the moment but I’ll try to post one if someone else doesn’t do it first.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
thanks OtR - worth knowing about the batteries, to me that suggests it isn't that old, I had thought it was.

[Image: 2v3g09l.jpg]

this is a D51 200 - it has a headlight

[Image: 2uh1e7a.jpg]

I think you are right Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-31-2018, 09:58 PM by bollard.)
  • Off The Rails, Super
@ bollard:
I’m having trouble getting a photo of the false wheels. They aren’t as prominent as on some other engines but you can tell on close inspection that they have tried to simulate a pair of wheels between the real wheels. If you look close, you’ll see the simulated wheels in the photo of the D51 200 you posted.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
oh yes, must say that i hadn't spotted that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bollard's post:
  • Super
This is a much sought after train. It actually has 1 and 1/2 mini middle wheels...I know, sounds strange but it does. It also must be noted that the 498 has a working headlight and is a great runner. The set had a release date of late Dec 2011 so theoretically 2012. The set is called 'D51-498 Heavy Equipment w/Head Light Basic Set' not to be confused with the real steam D51-498 set. She is one of my favorite steamers. https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10165979

[Image: 436737htm.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • bollard

found the above video - interestingly this one has the larger battery
  • Off The Rails, Super
Who uploaded this? It looks like our very own ucwepn's work, so have we found a content thief?

Scratch that. It IS ucwepn's video. I think he should know about this.
Collecting without a clue since 2010
[-] The following 3 users Like Chrizzly's post:
  • fred16850, Off The Rails, Super
Good eye Chrizzly, Ucwepn has caught dozens of video thief's of his channel over the years, this one from 2014 must have slipped by. I will let him know thanks
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
brilliant catch! bloody *censored's*. and they have the gall to watermark it! pity theres no real justice as yet.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super