Plarail Edward, Henry, and Emily arrived today

6 Replies, 3826 Views

My Edward, Henry, and Emily finally arrived today (unexpectedly) from Jauce and I'm very happy. Edward and Henry were my main interest although Emily was a nice addition.

Pictured here are all of my boxes so far (Edward, Henry, and Emily) being the newest additions.
[Image: boxes.jpg]
And Pictured here are my Edward, Henry, and Emily with their pieces of rolling stock.
[Image: ehe.jpg]
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 5 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Thats a nice set of boxed trains Ffar.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
Thanks, Super!
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 1 user Likes FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • Super
Good thing you were able to land the good versions and not the mediocre redesigns (Edward is basically the TM2 one). Several buyers who expected them ended up getting those instead, which (understandably) caused frustration for them. Nice purchase.
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper, Mister No
the only good thin about the latest Plarail Edward is that it comes with a yellow brake van with 3D face.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
It's always nice to get the original Edward! I still can't understand why they changed Edward that much... According to Rev. Awdry, Edward should be based on Sharp, Stewart and Co. "Larger Seagull" K2 Class. Other basis for Edward are LNER D34 "Glen" (NBR Reid Class K), LNER D20 (NER Class R), LNER D40 (GNSR Class F) etc. 

The important detail is that all of them are 4-4-0 steam locomotives, and old Tomy Edward was 4-4-0 locomotive. Now, with those fake first and third pair of wheels, it's hard to tell what this new Tomy Edward actually is. It's quite different engine now... I think Edward is the most changed engine in all Tomy Thomas & Friends range. And I don't like his new bright yellow van either; old gray troublesome truck + van were much better in my opinion. But that's just me...
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • FfarquharDeveloper
"... I don't like his new bright yellow van either; old gray troublesome truck + van were much better in my opinion. But that's just me..." 

I absolutely agree with the Troublesome Truck and Van being much better Mister No. I find it a complete downgrade since before you could get Edward, Henry, and James with 2 pieces of rolling stock, and now they only come with one, such a shame really. 

Also, leyland did you mean the van having a CGI face, it's still a sticker, not a 3d faced one.
- roxaclock

"see ya around!"
[-] The following 3 users Like FfarquharDeveloper's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No, Tharazero1