Tomy Layout Planners

27 Replies, 18382 Views

I could make track layout ideas for you guy if you like also here’s a pic for your enjoyment.
[Image: 26313_E52-3456-4_CA3-8580-672418_B7_B847.jpg]
You Know Your Keeping It Real When Your Working With Steel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Aresedale productions's post:
  • Off The Rails
He's asking if anyone knows of a site or a piece of software similar to AnyRail which uses Plarail or TrackMaster track. I once tried looking for such a thing too, but without success.
(This post was last modified: 06-18-2018, 07:21 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
Yeah I've been playing with Anyrail for some time. I wonder what it would take to get the developers to upload Plarail track and destinations..
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2018, 12:54 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes fred16850's post:
  • Super
When I was younger I used to use a piece of software called clik’n’play - it was used to create custom mini games, I think it got discontinued but remember finding something similar ‘game creator’ I think. I feel this could be adapted and scale images added to create the track and even simulate the trains. But yeah autocad or even ms publisher could potentially be used.
I go off the cuff when making my boys, took me the whole of the Spain game tonight to create this:
[Image: CDB6_D6_BB-_D2_F2-42_F9-82_F5-_E61_E7_B352628.jpg]

I did just find this:
http://www.railmodeller.com/libraries.html
Only has 19 elements in the library for plarail tomy and 8 for tomy trackmaster though and at £38.99 and only available on Mac it works out quite steep. I’ll load up a virtual machine to test at some point if there’s a free trial, unless someone gets there first that is

Update: there’s a free edition you can use which is full software but only single layer and limited to 50 items, worth a test I suppose. You can also design custom track pieces by the look of it which a lot of the others I found cannot.
(This post was last modified: 06-20-2018, 08:26 PM by delid4ve.)
[-] The following 3 users Like delid4ve's post:
  • DalaGStanator, fred16850, Super
Thanks Delid.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
(06-20-2018, 08:08 PM)delid4ve Wrote: I did just find this:
http://www.railmodeller.com/libraries.html
Only has 19 elements in the library for plarail tomy and 8 for tomy trackmaster though and at £38.99 and only available on Mac it works out quite steep. I’ll load up a virtual machine to test at some point if there’s a free trial, unless someone gets there first that is

Update: there’s a free edition you can use which is full software but only single layer and limited to 50 items, worth a test I suppose. You can also design custom track pieces by the look of it which a lot of the others I found cannot.

This is a good development, thanks.
(This post was last modified: 06-21-2018, 02:07 PM by Super.)
Just wanted to revive this. I'll be looking at the free version today and will post some feedback.

Also, bought an old Plarail designer software from Japan last year. A couple of issues with it: very old so looks archaic, has very few parts, and is quite hard to use due to the fact that my PC won't even display the Japanese characters as this is an old DOS-based release.

Will post some pics once I had a go with both again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bijomaru78's post:
  • Super
Hey everyone,
I know this is an old thread, but I did just find something that fits this topic. After watching a youtube video (more specifically this one: https://youtu.be/3EGQx8cogFc?si=Pfn5_UfR8OBSF6WU&t=135) I saw what looks to be an online plarail layout designer. And, after looking into the description of their video, I actually found it!

[Image: Bild-2023-12-07-134441189.png]

A completely free and easy way to make plarail layout. Sadly, there's no elevated pieces from what I can tell, but this is most likely the best way to design Plarail layout out there at this time.
Link to the site:
https://w.atwiki.jp/plalayout/pages/80.html

Hope this helps!
Tyler
[-] The following 4 users Like JustTylerHere's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, HanoibusGamer, Super
Thanks Just-T 😃
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, JustTylerHere
Oh boy, that's awesome! A program that I have always wanted! Thank you very much JustTylerHere!
Hunting Shinkansen for life (but not at all costs) :>
[-] The following 3 users Like HanoibusGamer's post:
  • DalaGStanator, JustTylerHere, Super