Hit Remote Control Thomas

7 Replies, 7816 Views

I got a Thomas at the flea market for a buck. It needed to be cleaned and seems to be getting power as the red light blinks. So then I went on eBay and bought what I thought was the remote, or my best effort at a guess. They are both made by HIT so I thought I was good
[Image: 2_B36_F2_FD-735_C-4_F3_E-8_E71-_C5_E1_E5_BFFE72.jpg]

[Image: DF9_E7182-3_E15-4_A62-_B695-_D55_A70_D1_B101.jpg]

I took them both apart thinking there might be a code (like remote ceiling fans). Not so lucky

Any advice on if what I have is correct and if it’s operator error or perhaps how to make sure that if we get another remote that it’s the correct one
[-] The following 2 users Like kmott's post:
  • ripley802, Super
Once again Mr Ripley is probably our most experienced in the Remote Controlled trains. Hopefully he will stop by and offer his help. I know he has helped me out a lot answering my questions. Also Muddy Poppins may have the most complete collection of all the Thomas Remote Controlled  trains and may be able to offer some advice. I also have a bunch of these trains without remotes that are for parts only so let me know if there is something you may find that you need.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • ripley802
The remote you have there is for the Flip Face Thomas version that came with the Tidmouth sheds set.  Is the Thomas a flip face?  If not you would be looking for a solid blue remote.  There are 2 versions of those too, one has a more glossy look and the other a more matte finish.  

The year on the train and th remote is the key though in getting them matched.  I believe they are 2006 and 2009 for the two versions.  Meaning your train and the needed remote will be either 2006 or 2009. Hope this helps
[-] The following 1 user Likes ripley802's post:
  • Super
I have the one without the flip face feature. He has a broken wire though, I'll post a photo later.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainboy90 Productions's post:
  • Super
(07-29-2018, 12:52 PM)ripley802 Wrote: The remote you have there is for the Flip Face Thomas version that came with the Tidmouth sheds set.  Is the Thomas a flip face?  If not you would be looking for a solid blue remote.  There are 2 versions of those too, one has a more glossy look and the other a more matte finish.  

The year on the train and th remote is the key though in getting them matched.  I believe they are 2006 and 2009 for the two versions.  Meaning your train and the needed remote will be either 2006 or 2009. Hope this helps

thanks Ripley.  Its amazing where we store this info in our brains.  I often wonder why I can remember these little details, but I cant remember the technical details of the products I sell for a living.

At any rate, I got lucky, I went back to the same flea market and the same dude had 3 remote controls (one of which was Thomas) and I said, what do you have to have for these?  $5.  done!  I got Percy and Molly, and both work (they make sounds, I dont have the trains) but my 3 y/o thinks he is controlling something and plays with the remote cause it makes noise.

have a nice weekend y'all.
[-] The following 3 users Like kmott's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, ripley802, Super
I purchased several remote control engines from america some have a micro switch fitted to one of the axles and they will only work if the loco is sat on the track.
Hey all I have the same train flip face hit Thomas and the light just blinks. Do I have the correct remote?
[Image: F4428841-730-F-4-FCF-B1-D9-E76141-EA70-CA.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes ajtrain944's post:
  • Super
Thats a good question Aj, one that I can't answer. I hope one of our experts can help out. I thought there had been discussion before on if there was a way to tell what remote goes with a train but my memory is vague.

It may have been what Mr Ripley says above ...
Quote: The year on the train and th remote is the key though in getting them matched.  I believe they are 2006 and 2009 for the two versions.  Meaning your train and the needed remote will be either 2006 or 2009. Hope this helps
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]