2018 C-11-207

11 Replies, 8218 Views

@Super:
The headlight mounting brackets are a solid piece just behind the smoke box face and inside of the smoke deflectors. When I saw the prototype photos, it seemed to be really obvious and it bothered me. This was tempered by realizing it was a necessary design compromise for a toy meant to be played with by kids ages 3 and up. Iffy is that state of uncertainty which isn’t strongly negative nor apathetic but is leaning somewhat in those directions. In person, it didn’t bother me much at all.

I tried to take a photo of the front but even the best of several attempts turned out blurry. Sure, I have a tripod and a phone mount adapter but I had to stash them away when my kids were younger and they are, uhhh... difficult to find!

I bought a nicely built and painted HO scale passenger station and was hoping to use it in a few shots of this and my new 8620. Alas, I knocked several figures loose getting it set up then my son popped a couple more off when he got home from school. So, *SIGH* I’ve got some minor repairs to do on the “set” before my next photo session.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
Thanks OTR, Tking a snapshot from the video above, I now see what you mean. That whole area under the lights is filled in. Disappointing to me as I hadn't realized that. Mine should arrive today as long as DHL doesn't screw up again.  Look forward to seeing the Station though. Smile

[Image: Untdditled.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]