Monorail Advice

26 Replies, 19992 Views

hi all, (especially you SUPER). I got the monorail today and I have a question. this might be right on the box, but as you know, its all in Japanese.
I am curious if there is some sort of sensor in the monorail that impacts the on/off switch. I'm thinking of the Thomas trains (talking ones I think) that have pressure sensors under the wheels so they will only run if they are on the tracks.
I'm asking cause I have a battery in my monorail and its like there is a short in there. i flip the switch and sometimes it comes on and some times it doesn't.

Thanks!
Make sure the Reverse Switch is fully to the left or right.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I’ll give it a shot! Thanks
No luck. This is going to be fun, trying to return this to Japan!
Smile
By the reverse switch I don't mean the on/off switch. Also try a different brand of AA battery that some times correct an ill fitting one. Did you get this through Ebay or Amazon?
Hi Super. Ive tried all of that, thanks for the advice though.

I got it on eBay. I reached out to the vendor, so we will see what happens. My gut feeling is that worst case if I had to take it apart, I could probablty figure out what ‘off’ but I do not really want to mess with that for $100.

On a side note, I did realize something about the on/off switch, the bracket that you mentioned ... it comes with one, but if you want to have it set up in a line rather than a loop, you would need 2
(09-18-2018, 01:55 AM)kmott Wrote: On a side note, I did realize something about the on/off switch, the bracket that you mentioned ... it comes with one, but if you want to have it set up in a line rather than a loop, you would need 2

You mean the Reverse Switch? Yes that is true. you would need 2 clips for an open ended line but they are easily made. That is a good point though as I don't think any set came with a pair, only one but I could be wrong. I also don't think that these clips were sold separately which could be why they aren't easily found by themselves. I know they sold all on packs of the large risers so I am now wondering if one was included in those packs.

Let us know how dealing with the Seller goes.
I think this is Japanese for "go pound sand"

[Image: ebay_message.jpg]
Just file a Claim for Refund through Ebay and make sure you state the reason for refund is that the "Item is Not as Described". I believe that sellers on Ebay are always responsible for condition up until you receive it no matter whether it was damaged in transit or not especially since they can not prove it worked before it was shipped and there was no damage to the box. How is their Feedback Rating?
Thanks for the advice, I’ll try that.

I’ve done some troubleshooting and it’s the on/off switch... I dont think I have a replacement.. yet
[Image: 819_F66_E9-5_FAC-4_F31-_B057-72_D0003_EECB5.jpg]

[Image: D92_AF8_AC-2_EF6-4_CAA-87_AA-_DA14_BE2_BE11_A.jpg]