A Mysterious Old Tomy Station

8 Replies, 9391 Views

I have not seen a Tomy Station like this before and apparently neither has this YouTuber. 1977 and it works by blowing in the tube or maybe it originally had an asperator bulb since the maker of the video said they had to buy a tube. What do you think? Weird huh? Anyone heard or have more info on it?

Quote:I got a mysterious station written as "Elegance of Elegance" at a used shop. It is made in Japan made in 1977. It seems to switch between stopping and departing by placing air. ※ The rubber tube was bought at the home center. Supplementary: Information from the viewer seems to be "Futaka Fukaki" in "Fuwa-ka Set".

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Nigels, Off The Rails
Hey Super, digging up this thread since I found what set this station from!

[Image: cjAFwfU.jpg]

[Image: eVSFr42.jpg]

I'll translate as "Fuefuki Departing Set". The word "hassha" (to depart) is there but written with hiragana rather than Kanji. I do not know if Fuefuki is referring to the town I found when googling it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • Finno, mod thana, Off The Rails, Super
Wow, that set is mint T-Fanz, is it yours?
I wish! I'm really not a Plarail collector aside from a few Advance trains and the Shinkalions.
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Well...we certainly can change that Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno
what is the purpose of that white wire?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Its not a wire its a tube, the stations stop and go function works on air so when you blow in the tube it changes the switch position from go to stop or stop to go. I would think an aspirator bulb would work better but I would imagine that somebody tried that in the past.
It looks like the air tube connected to a little whistle so blowing the whistle would make the train run. Very primitive version of that L0 Maglev they did a few years ago perhaps.
the building looks the same as the one from merry go school bus, just with different stickers

https://sunstomyandfriends.weebly.com/to...-sets.html
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno