What Plarail engines/sets should I get?

23 Replies, 22415 Views

(10-23-2018, 04:38 PM)Off The Rails Wrote: It depends a lot on what you like. Steam, diesel and/or electric? Thomas characters, real world engines or both?

So much of the Plarail line is focused on the innumerable Japanese passenger and commuter trains, that it’s pretty much just a matter of what appeals to you aesthetically. Since the underlying mechanisms are often similar among similar classes of trains, I can’t say that (for example) the E6 Shinkansen is better than the E5.

Just my personal opinion but steam locomotives are a good place to start and there’s a nice selection available right now. You can build a nice roster with the D51, C61, C57, C56, C11 and C12 before you even have to start hunting for out of production and/or obscure models.

I'll probably get a mixture of all of them, just buy what I like, however Thomas is my main priority, thanks for the reply Smile
(10-24-2018, 01:08 PM)BoCoTheDiesel Wrote: BTW I heard about this site from a Youtuber who your probably familiar with, UCwepn.

Never heard of him. Is he popular? Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 6 users Like Super's post:
  • Blueberry'S', BoCoTheDiesel, fred16850, mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Do you go to flea markets? Here in Norway tracks and engines are hard to find. And they completely stopped selling any kind of thomas merch. So most of my collection is either very old or from other countries. 
Hiro is a cool engine to have, i recomend him.
Blueberry'S'
Keep on collecting Cool
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blueberry'S''s post:
  • mod thana
In the UK we have car boot sales, but usually there is little and when there is, it's in bad condition. Most people sell their Thomas stuff on eBay. It's a shame about Norway. No wonder Mattel is losing profits.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2018, 03:10 PM by Super.)
(10-24-2018, 02:33 PM)Super Wrote:
(10-24-2018, 01:08 PM)BoCoTheDiesel Wrote: BTW I heard about this site from a Youtuber who your probably familiar with, UCwepn.

Never heard of him. Is he popular?  Big Grin

What’s a “ucwepn”? Sound like some kinda car from Austria or whatever that place is! I’m pretty sure that’s the country between Mexico and China with a coastline on The Vast Bering Sea.
Wink Big Grin
[-] The following 4 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, fred16850, MuddyPoppins, Super
At first I though he was talking about "You Be Schlepin" a famous TubeYouber.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
Old Plarail Thomas engine which is discontinue
Example-Oliver,Duck,Arthur,all the diesels,all the narrow gauge engine
[Image: 1418281078608-1.jpg]

[Image: 1418281081386-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes PlarailTown's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel
Charity shops sometimes have them.

Majority of my collection came from used lots. Usually kids are tired of their toys. However not all the engines from the lot are in good condition.

Craigslist is another source. If you go through this revenue to acquire your collection, make sure you meet the seller in public places.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel
@Super ROTF!! I thought that Ucwepn was an acronym for a battle cry/ warning of war!?!
"You see weapon"!?!?
No?
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like MuddyPoppins's post:
  • BoCoTheDiesel, Super