Nigel's 3D Printed Daisy

34 Replies, 31376 Views

Here's a picture of the first prototype of Nigel's 3D printed Daisy, fitted to either a BoCo or Diesel 10 chassis, I forget which is in this photo, but it doesn't matter because she's designed to utilise either of them.

I'm very impressed with this considering it was printed in 'draft mode', it's still better quality than some injection-moulded kits that I've made into good models. (It's not a HyperGlow Daisy, just a rather ghastly haloween-inspired colour that Nigel was using up!).

I've made a few fairly minor modifications to make the two alternative chassis fit the shell nicely, and added supporting ribs to the inside. This will now be returned to Nigel, along with a BoCo and a D10, so he can make the necessary changes to the computer model.

[Image: IMG-9154.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super, WaltWiz1901, WoodWheel92
I am sure this is going to make many people happy. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm sure it will. But Millie would use a Thomas motor and a modified verison of Thomas's Chassis, because of her body shape, she would have the tabs on the cab like Stanley instead so Millies Chassis would be heavily modified verison of Stanley's.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
(01-10-2019, 09:18 PM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: I'm sure it will.  But Millie ............
Daisy thinks that maybe Millie could have her own thread?
One thing at a time TB, once Daisy is complete and available to all the I'll look at the next in the queue - which may be Millie, but also may be versions of some more plarail (as opposed to Thomas) models, I got a few ideas in mind already Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
Very cool Nigel’s, you are getting quite good at this. :-)
(01-10-2019, 09:37 PM)Nigels Wrote: One thing at a time TB, once Daisy is complete and available to all the I'll look at the next in the queue - which may be Millie, but also may be versions of some more plarail (as opposed to Thomas) models, I got a few ideas in mind already Smile
Let me know when Daisy's going into the testing Phrase?

I would love to acquire a model of yours.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

I think it will be easier to paint with white filament instead of green.
I can't wait to get my hands on one

Colour of the filament is to a degree not important as you should really use a spray primer before you paint them anyway, but green would be good for those who only want to pick out detail rather than fully paint the model - some won't or can't paint very well Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin