The New 3D Printing Thread

372 Replies, 230038 Views

(02-03-2019, 11:35 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: Can the tomy or Lego figure fit inside the cabs?
I can test that!
Doesn't matter really. I think it will be more realistic I'd the Tomy figure or Lego figure can stand inside the cab.
Ok, final version of the tweaked Ffestiniog loco mounted on a standard Tomy Thomas chassis.  This is now available if you're interested, I may add a 'face' later, for now it is just in its standard loco style - oh and yes Super I have added 'rivets' to the coal bunker Big Grin

[Image: IMG-20190205-124617764-BURST000-COVER.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190205-124631373.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20190205-124644122.jpg]
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Off The Rails, sunhuntin
[Image: love-daydream-smiley-emoticon.gif]  Ahhhh, Rivets
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The shells are pretty huge, shouldn't there be a hole for the switch?
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
If you look at the last photo, there is a rectangular block sticking out in the coal bunker.  That's where the switch is located.

It seems this prototype is taller than a regular trackmaster toy, will this shell clears the tunnels?  Toy R US power trains can't clear tomy tunnels.  

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2019, 10:23 AM by Super.)
(02-08-2019, 02:03 AM)Trainboy90 Productions Wrote: The shells are pretty huge, shouldn't there be a hole for the switch?

There is under the coal insert, it is marked for where a slot is needed to allow the switch to feed through Smile

(02-08-2019, 02:21 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: If you look at the last photo, there is a rectangular block sticking out in the coal bunker. That's where the switch is located.

It seems this prototype is taller than a regular trackmaster toy, will this shell clears the tunnels? Toy R US power trains can't clear tomy tunnels.

This is something Super mentioned. With the Manning its a problem with a combination of the shell type and the chassis type. I may re-design it to fit on a different chassis so I can shrink/lower the shell somewhat. Similarly with the latest one that fits on a Thomas chassis there is a little scope to drop the height a bit, but doing so will compromise the look of the loco a bit - I know if it was Fisher Price they wouldn't give a hoot, but I was trying to bring some realism to the world of PlaRail lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2019, 12:28 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
[Image: good-job-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I think it's best to shrink the shell to the the size of a Trackmaster model.
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2
worse come to worse just use Toy R Us Powerrail tunnels, they are taller than tomy/plarail/trackmaster.