How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are There?

123 Replies, 138494 Views

Can we have their numbers in their captions as well please, TW- or A- ?
@Sunhuntin
Of those vehicles that you pictured the only ones that aren't already on the above List are the:

Dust Cart: which I have the bottom info on as I have one coming
Silver Honda CRV: we could use the info on the bottom

@Off The Rails
I am not so sure that maybe there are some of a more recent years. I sometimes think the the years seen on the bottom of these are not necessarily the year of manufacturing but the years the Trademark/Copywrite is granted. Which might explain the distance between the years of the early 90's to the early 2000's. I found it interesting that the 2 Silver Container carrying trucks that have 1995 on one and 2004 on the other and they are exactly the same. This could be deduced that 1995 was the last year the Trademark/Copywrite then renewed in 2005. At least this is my uneducated guess.

@Trainboy90
Thank you

@Chrisjo
Sure, I will work on it
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
I guess it is very hard to find "N" batteries.  I only found "N" batteries in one shop (a watch repair shop).
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2019, 11:47 PM by Super.)
They are plentiful here in the States and easily found at all the Big Pharmacy's, Office Supplys, Hardware and Home Improvement Centers. Duracel has them if you have a store the has one of those large displays. Since you are in Canada try searching for the batteries under the LR1 which is the same as N.

I also think that the E90 is the same as N size as seen here at Canadian Tire https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/energ...p.html#srp

According to the Energizer web site there are several numbers associated with an N battery https://www.energizer.com/specialty-batt...8a4d2d7dfc
(01-21-2019, 11:30 PM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: I guess it is very hard to find "N" batteries.  I only found "N" batteries in one shop (a watch repair shop).

I ordered some cheapos on ali express

Hi All,
this is really cool. We have some of these (all are listed). we had the blue minivan but one of my kids was playing with it in the garage and it got run over when my wife got home in her... wait for it... minivan! 
[Image: IMG-4320.jpg]

the frame still works and runs, amazingly. but the body is a million pieces. ill grab some pics. But here are my questions:
* does anyone know if there are other Tomica bodies that would fit on the frame?
* and then, how the heck can you tell they are motorized when looking online??
KM
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2019, 01:03 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes kmott's post:
  • DalaGStanator
Hi All,
this is really cool. We have some of these (all are listed). we had the blue minivan but one of my kids was playing with it in the garage and it got run over when my wife got home in her... wait for it... minivan!
the frame still works and runs, amazingly. but the body is a million pieces. ill grab some pics. But here are my questions:
* does anyone know if there are other Tomica bodies that would fit on the frame?
* and then, how the heck can you tell they are motorized when looking online??
KM
That is a funny story.

(01-22-2019, 07:52 PM)kmott Wrote: how the heck can you tell they are motorized when looking online??

Its easy to see the difference, its in the wheel rims and tires, especially the rear. Shame on the sellers that don't say they are motorized or have a picture of the bottom.
The motorized ones are bigger than the metal diecast. The body should be made out of plastic instead of metal
Actually the motorized ones can be either Diecast Metal or Plastic with most of them in my collection being metal.

Yest, the motorized ones are a little bit bigger than say the regular Tomica vehicles but not by much. In the picture you see 2 Ambulances with the motorized one being slightly bigger. BTW, both of those Ambulances are Diecast Metal.

[Image: 111.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
my motorized ones are diecast metal
Making Customs, Filming Videos and looking for the purest engines. That's how I roll here on Blue Plastic Tracks.

Twitter: https://twitter.com/TB90Prod2