How Many Motorized Road Vehicles Are There?

123 Replies, 138537 Views

With looking at the pictures why do you think the motor or the battery is in the trailer? The chassis of the truck looks the same as all other motorized vehicles albeit a little stubbier but if it uses an 'N' battery it would work.

So many questions, I just hope someone can get a hold of one for the answers. I am wondering if I had seen something like these in the auctions but didn't even click on it figuring it was just a regular Tomica truck and not motorized.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Found an answer to one question...

https://translate.google.com/translate?h...3916545%2F

[Image: b0126317-22455497.jpg]   [Image: b0126317-22441949.jpg]   [Image: b0126317-22452225.jpg]

Edit:

Hurray...all questions answered in the video below!!! Wow...yummy! Double wow...its a AAA battery. Wish he would have used regular road track instead of the Hotwheel sized.
I have not seen anything like that Police Car either. What is that thing, a quick re-charger?

To clear things up: I had no idea TOMY made motorised articulated lorries until I saw these. I would've thought they would be trailer-driven if they existed (to make the tractor units look , similar to Emily, Mighty Mac, etc.) I could instantly tell that 'these' tractor units were motorised and detachable.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2023, 11:38 AM by DalaGStanator.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super
(07-10-2019, 02:08 AM)Super Wrote: I have not seen anything like that Police Car either. What is that thing, a quick re-charger?

yes it is a quick charger.  I have something similar but the toy I had is not tomy.
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2019, 12:03 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Added Private Taxi, we are now up to 64 in our list.

[Image: 001.jpg]
Courtesy of Member Chrisjo, a picture from what looks like a Tomica Catalog fro 1997 showing what motorized vehicles were available then.

[Image: 83667-104474-07-B-DSC-2628.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Try this hashtag in Twitter, you may be about to get blown away!

#モータートミカ

Radio-controlled Motor Tomica anyone?
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
how come they don't make Motorized Toyota Coaster (it is a mini bus and very popular in Asia)?
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
OMG...Dr Chris that is a fantastic site. I don't have Tweetie so I am really glad I can see that. Looks right off the bat that there is a custom using a container truck. And wow...like you pointed out...a Remote Controlled Motor Tomica.....Fantastic...I want one.

[Image: wtitled.jpg]   [Image: Unytwtitled.jpg]

Nigels may be interested in this store that looks to have Motor Tomica's https://twitter.com/hashtag/%E6%96%B0%E4...7?src=hash
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, mod thana
Why did TOMY drop the motorized cars and trucks in favor of the Tomica diecast cars? Having battery-operated trains and cars side-by-side was always fun to see. They discontinued Bertie, Bulgy, Lorry and Elizabeth in the Thomas & Friends line around the same time, too.
[-] The following 3 users Like Fred_Pelhay's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super