Yuenchi

16 Replies, 11167 Views

Chrisjo has already had a good start on the research of the Tomy blue track sets with pictures above Vio
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I heard that these tracks are sold separately, not convinced that this is all of it yet... Biglobe is definitely missing some separate rails in the Yuuenchi series, so I'm looking in Twitter and asking my friends about these. Yuuenchi series has a bigger range of products that are not in the official catalogues, and is far bigger than anyone thought. There are apparently scene parts sold separately with these tracks so if I can find the exact name of the individual scene parts, I can locate some of the tracks.

EDIT: These scene parts and tracks are considered sets here? Or just parts? Because I just noticed "blue track sets", not "blue tracks only".
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 05:54 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(02-07-2020, 01:33 PM)Vio Wrote: EDIT: These scene parts and tracks are considered sets here? Or just parts? Because I just noticed "blue track sets", not "blue tracks only".
I have a lot to learn. I was only using the word 'set' when it says「セット」as part of the description on the box. Am I wrong?
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Not wrong at all, there are different perceptions of the word "set" today. A set could consist of rails and scene parts bundled together. Though the word "set" is used to only describe original box sets, I'm not sure whether the word "set" can be properly used to classify a group of rail parts and scene parts together. This is actually an ongoing topic on our Twitter group too. But for now I think it is better to use the word "set" for actual box sets. Again you are not wrong Chris.

Speaking about the blue tracks sold separately, there is now a debate on whether it actually exists or not. People have reported sightings of the rail parts and scene parts sold in a bundle, called "Yuuenchi Assorted Set 1" and "Yuuenchi Assorted Set 2". Proper names are not identified yet, but we will proceed to carry on this research.
  • chrisjo
Finally, clear images of Yuuenchi Set No. 1 has returned to the internet after 52 years.
Manufactured in 1968, and became out of print the same year it was manufactured.
This is a true phantom gem of Plarail (although separate from Plarail series, but same TOMY and same circus tent logo on Plarail sets), as also seen in BigLobe under the Yuuenchi section.
After all it is a character train, so only a few people are only interested.

[Image: 1.jpg][Image: i-img1198x898-1585992491uet8jv1795912.jpg][Image: i-img1198x898-1585992491ejp1lj1795912.jpg]
  • Super
I like that set Vio. Is it yours?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Not yet, its on auctions now.