tomica world and takara... whats the difference?

3 Replies, 6040 Views

just trying to organise my site, and it occurs to me that the eurostar has no right being on the takara trains page, given its not japanese or takara. i reached the same conclusion with the virgin set as well.

is it worth building a new page for these? how many were there back in the day? what else came under the tomica world umbrella?
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Well this is a grey area you are trying to get too technical!
The Tomica World release is just the U.K. packaging of the Eurostar it was released at the same time as Plarail in Japan. so it is basically just different Brand name depending where in the world it was sold so technically Tomica World is Tomy Plarail and vice versa. here is best pic I could find of the Japanese packaging:

(07-04-2014, 06:15 AM)sunhuntin Wrote: just trying to organise my site, and it occurs to me that the eurostar has no right being on the takara trains page, given its not japanese or takara. i reached the same conclusion with the virgin set as well.

is it worth building a new page for these? how many were there back in the day? what else came under the tomica world umbrella?

Attached Files
.jpg   eurostarbox.jpg (Size: 3.35 KB / Downloads: 49)
[-] The following 2 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • sunhuntin, thehsvdude
thanks, geris. will keep them apart for now. like having the uk trains on their own.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Technically its illogical to compare the two. Takara is just a company which merged with Tomy in 2006 to become Takara Tomy after Takara went bankrupt. Similar to what Geris pretty much said, the Plarail range in the 90's pretty much was a larger version of what the Tomica World range was in the late 90's, with the exception of European trains and it would have been the same with the Tomica range from 2010-2013.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2014, 11:02 AM by jdogman.)