Motorized Alfie? (newbie question)

21 Replies, 16502 Views

Sorry if this is a silly question, but motorized Alfie exists, correct? I mean it wasn't just a one-off promotional things, because I know I've seen a boxed up alfie online (at least an archived image). I recently had purchased a thomas train from a seller online, and s/he asked if I was looking for any particular trains. I said sure, and mentioned motorized alfie, among other trains/vehicles. The seller said motorized alfie didn't exist as a mass marketed toy. I thought they were wrong about that, but then figured maybe I was just mistaken. Anyways, I just thought I'd ask the experts on here. And of course, if anyone has a (potentially mythical?) alfie they are looking to sell, I know someone who would be interested (hint: it's me!  Big Grin ). Thanks guys
[-] The following 4 users Like confusedanddelayed's post:
  • Blueberry'S', mod thana, MuddyPoppins, Super
Definitely exists. Although as you mentioned it is extremely rare and I believe the last one sold may have sold for $500+. Muddy would have more info on Alfie.
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Blueberry'S', MuddyPoppins, Super
Motorized Alfie has not come up for sale at auction for 4 years now...
The last one seen sold for $425.00 on eBay in early 2015.
Play nice & have fun!!Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes MuddyPoppins's post:
  • Super
Don't you have one or two Muddy?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Thanks. So I was half right I guess. Alfie does actually exist, though based on his rarity (and price) he almost doesn't exist! Wow, $400/500? Alfie is a unicorn.
[-] The following 1 user Likes confusedanddelayed's post:
  • Super
(02-18-2019, 06:49 PM)Super Wrote: Don't you have one or two Muddy?
...actually 4! Big Grin
  • Super
[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif] Might as Well!

Any truth to the fact that your new Bride married you for your train collection Muddy? Big Grin
  • MuddyPoppins
I would have to suspect that it's a likely possibility, considering my absence of good looks or charm. Big Grin
  • Super
Me laughing [Image: ugly-man-laugh-smiley-emoticon.gif]
  • MuddyPoppins
Alfie may have been common at the time, but the fact that Jack, Alfie, and Ned were the only motorized Sodor Construction Company road vehicles, means that they have sort of become forgotten. Nearly all of the SCC were released as unpowered vehicles, including Jack.
[-] The following 4 users Like jdogman's post:
  • confusedanddelayed, MuddyPoppins, sunhuntin, Super