Whats this Set Called?

17 Replies, 11759 Views

Can anyone tell me what this set is called in English and besides what it says on the side of the Motorized Tanker (Power Charger) what the Tanker might be translated to?.

[Image: s-l1ii600.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Off The Rails, sunhuntin
The white text in the lower right is "Circle Town Set". Train is called "New Shuppo-kun" and the truck is "Tank Lorry." "Shuppo" is the sound of a steam engine chugging along. (shu-shu po-po)
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • Gerisplarail1, Super
Many thanks T-Fanz for this info that I can now use in my search.

I did not know that about what 'Shuppo' meant. For some reason, in my small mind, I always assumed the Shuppo was a character like Pokemon or Doraemon. Does anyone else thinks its unusual to use this word on a Shinkansen? There is a Steam Shuppo train that fits this but a bullet train?

That Tank Lorry must be hard to find or this set is as I don't think I have seen it around the Japan auctions before.

With your information I was able to pull up this video...really not much to the set other than the train and Tanker.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Gerisplarail1
Dunno exactly, Super. I'm sure plenty of people over here say "Chugga chugga choo choo!" regardless if it's a steam train or not.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
Hi this is the biggest set from the Japanese children's TV show Adventure Asphalt Island where kids are on an island with sentient trains and vehicles. You are probably familiar with the yellow western style train from the series which also had the word shuppo on it representing the sound trains make in Japan. Obviously it is aimed to be recognized by children who love trains.
This line of Trains produced easily some of my favorites in the entire Tomy Plarail Line!
[-] The following 3 users Like Gerisplarail1's post:
  • chrisjo, MuddyPoppins, Super
its the Lego Master...Hi Geris  Smile

Thanks for the information, we miss you around here.
Thanks for the information Geris. Found a good chunk of it on YouTube.

Shuppo-kun ends all his sentences in "-po" or "-po-po". Cute.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Trainfanz's post:
  • Super
yay for geris! nice to see you online, bud. its been forver!!
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • MuddyPoppins
Wow, I think I just watched a long format Plarail/Tomica commercial! Was that actually an episodic series? Now I need to do more research. I recall reading about the Shuppo train’s origin on Geris’s site but I never put all the pieces together until now.

Now, I think I really want Shuppo-kun! Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
I've been tuning into a 20-minute Plarail commercial every week for about a year now. :p
[-] The following 2 users Like Trainfanz's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super