tomy computer, thanks to nigels!

3 Replies, 2568 Views

the wonderful nigels bought this on my behalf a little while ago, and it arrived today, much faster than expected. thanks so much, nigel! 

i already have one of these, a thomas version. i thought the only other was a generic one, until i saw this on ebay. its in great working order, i successfully annoyed my partner while taking photos.

you press the green return button to move the screen one line. you then press the yellow buttons to drop down black "cards" that hide the line, 6 presses all up, so a total of 7 button presses per line, and they arent quiet either! pressing the space bar makes something behind the screen move, and makes all the colored lines shift and change color, giving the illusion of movement, such as the train wheels turning, the exhaust from the plane billowing, the clown juggling etc. i sure as heck would not want to take one apart! i cant imagine what it looks like in there.

the thomas one is much better done, with more incorporation of characters than this one. it would have been nice to see the third bear and the rat.  i was surprised to see a representation of space invaders!!

[Image: P1130068.jpg]

[Image: P1130097.jpg]

[Image: P1130073.jpg]

[Image: P1130075.jpg]

[Image: P1130077.jpg]

[Image: P1130079.jpg]

[Image: P1130081.jpg]

[Image: P1130083.jpg]

[Image: P1130085.jpg]

[Image: P1130087.jpg]

[Image: P1130089.jpg]

[Image: P1130092.jpg]

[Image: P1130094.jpg]

[Image: P1130096.jpg]

i also picked this up a few weeks ago, and cant find anything on it anywhere! press the base, and the planes spin around. it has a suction cup, maybe for sticking to a high chair?

[Image: planes-1.jpg]

[Image: planes-2.jpg]
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 6 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • chrisjo, DalaGStanator, DuckGWR, MuddyPoppins, Super, Tharazero1
Nigel is the greatest.  [Image: happy-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif]

That last picture of what looks to be an Amusement Park ride looks familiar to me somewhat. I not exactly sure but I am picturing it or something like it in a set but then again at my age I may be just dreaming. Confused
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
As always you're welcome Charley, I'm glad you like it, that its fully functional and it got there so quickly!  I guess the airlines to NZ don't have many passengers at the moment so more space for freight! lol!

BTW - The watch is now yours the opening bid won it for you Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
ah, you are a legend sir! thank you.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Super