Something New This Way Comes

6 Replies, 6543 Views

Plarail SC-08 Tobu 50050 type Crayon Shin-chan wrapping train to be released April 25th

[Image: 61o-GCL2-Zu7-L-SL1100.jpg]

Plarail S - 19 Seibu Railway 001 series Laview with light gimmick. I am not sure what the 3 position light switch does. To be released April 11th

[Image: 41-Hx-Wt-Su5fu-L-SL1100.jpg] [Image: 615n-Miihb-CL-SL1100.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The Seibu 001 series has a Mid-Century Modern design or maybe even an earlier Streamline Moderne look. Probably not entirely surprising since the designer is an architect and this her first train design. I’m guessing Tomy was let in on the development since the first eight-car train was only officially unveiled on February 14.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
It sure s different. I can't figure out what it reminds me of but it is something. I would love to see a walkthrough of its coaches unless its just basic commuter train design. Here is a video of its test run.

Yep, I like the Laview in a weird sort of way. I think I’m going to need to add it to my roster.
  • Super
Well this is a Major Disappointment..............

I guess there was no way to economically produce a working light system that would still be durable and child safe but it is a bit “Meh”. I’d probably just leave it in the “full on” position most of the time. I might still get the Laview just because I appreciate its strange look. But I’m kind of indifferent to the light gimmick.
  • Super
I had wondered about the 3 position switch earlier as i thought it was an on/off something else switch. Now I know. I am glad that these early release videos are appearing because I was able to cancel my pre-order. If only I could read Japanese I would have known ...