2009 trackmaster Rocky battery cover

16 Replies, 19923 Views

Its funny, I must be getting old as I have repaired wires in 4 or 5 Rocky's and I can't remember if I had any trouble taking it apart. Guess its time to put Super out to pasture.   Confused

BTW...welcome to BPT's Roman!
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Romanspoppop61
Super, I am in the same boat. I am not thinking there was anything specific in getting it apart other than the screws at the bottom. However it has been a few years since I have had one apart. If anything there may be clips on the black bottom piece.
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Romanspoppop61, Super
I have been thinking about this for a while and I can't come up with anything that I had trouble with. Roman, why don't you take a small flat head screwdriver and gently pry on all four sides to see if that would persuade whats holding it back to give up its grip? A broken wire is very common on Rocky so once you repair one of these you become an Rocky expert. Smile
Thanks to all. The base has the 2 clips on each side. They do give slightly but with a fight so I will try this again carefully. This piece is in almost a 10 condition so I have to use much care. Have a great day!

Update, pried base from end, popped off. There are 2 small posts that anchors the base, shown with the Sharpe end, however 1 post broke but does not affect the integrity of the base.
[Image: 0311190737.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 01:23 PM by Super.)
Also I have plenty of same gauge wiring from the Thomas junkyard. However this gauge wire is delicate to strip. Any easy ways to do this? I usually melt the ends off with soldering pencil tip. Luckily the break is right at the coupler area.

Luckily I have this gauge wire in my Thomas junkyard. Any easy ways to strip the ends?. I usually melt it off with the soldering pencil tip.
(This post was last modified: 03-11-2019, 01:23 PM by Super.)
I just use a small gauge wire stripper but I know not everybody has them as you usually can't find them in local Home Improvement Centers or Hardware stores but can be had cheaply on the Internet. Keep up the good work Roman
Tks much. Time to solder and see what happens.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Romanspoppop61's post:
  • Super