A Modification? Sort of

2 Replies, 4377 Views

Since the new type Plarail Chassis and motors are interchangeable I though I would try a new chassis with built in light from the 60th Anniversary N700/Type300 double set with the JR Kyushu Limited Express `ASOBOY who uses the same chassis but has to lights. Please forgive the pictures as I don't have much luck taking night pictures with my camera but I hope you can see that not only does it illuminate the cab the headlights are aglow. Looks better in real life. The only other train that I have that uses the new chassis and has glass is the Star Wars Rapit and because there is a black bulkhead in front of the windscreen the light doesn't show through. But I think if a hole was drilled in that bulkhead it would illuminate the glass perfectly. I do have a black Rapit I am going to use for a Mod so I think I will give that a try. I would think there are other newer chassis trains that have window or headlight glazing that this swap would work for.

[Image: 005.jpg]

[Image: hgt.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • mod thana, Off The Rails
Great job Super, it looks pretty cool! PGM
Mike Arnett Customthomas
[-] The following 2 users Like Powerful Gordon Mike's post:
  • Super, Trainboy90 Productions
Thanks Mike but I really didn't do anything except unscrew one chassis and put it in another shell [Image: yellow-laughing-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]