Anyone Know what this is? A Non-Tomy Passenger Car

7 Replies, 7836 Views

I got this passenger car when I bought some second hand stuff a while ago. It won't run on the Tomy tracks because of the wheel guards so I was going to take to it with a dremel so I can use it (even if it's non regulation!!).

But before I do I thought I should check with you experts just in case. It has no writing or markings anywhere I can see so I assume it's a cheap no-name knock off.

[Image: mystery01.jpg]

[Image: mystery02.jpg]

[Image: mystery03.jpg]
That is an odd one. With those wheel shields (which look strange) I wonder if the tracks are special and specific to whatever brand this is.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I'm thinking of carefully cutting away those wheel guards so it is flush with the carriage bottom.

The wheels fit the track gauge but the guards don't.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
You may have stumped the membership on this one Finno
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
I'm not convinced they are 'wheel guards', I suspect they are probably meant to be representations of the real wheels or similar, like you sometimes get on Tomy products where there are say middle sets of wheels that get represented by false wheels.

No idea on brand though, I've not seen one like that before...
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, Super
Wheels Guards was just for a lack of a better word Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Agree Nigels - they are probably just trim made to look like wheels. Whatever, they are annoying and about to be history...
(03-28-2019, 05:18 PM)Super Wrote: You may have stumped the membership on this one Finno

Haha, maybe I should start with an easier question.  Blush
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super