Daring derail set problem....help!

25 Replies, 30723 Views

Hi there,

New to the forum.  My 6 year old son is an AVID Thomas the Train fan and has many trackmaster trains and sets.  He also loves to take things apart Blush.  One morning before waking us up, he found a screwdriver and took apart the the grayish/tan track piece of the Daring Derail set that has the explosion effect that pops up as he goes by.  I have tried to put it back together and I can figure out where almost all the pieces go on the inside, but it is not intuitive.  Would anyone be willing to unscrew the bottom of their own track pice and post a pic of it here??  My son really wants this back together and I can't find a schematic of this online anywhere.  Appreciate the help!
[Image: 20190402-193444.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dr. Prime's post:
  • Finno
Can you post some pics of the specific parts in question? Thanks.
Wish I could help Dr Prime but I don't have one of those sets.

Is this the part you are referring to? BTW, welcome to BluePlasticTracks Smile

[Image: FBK07-03.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Yes! That is the part! I currently have it partially put together and I've screwed the bottom back on to keep it in place. I have 2 parts that I cannot figure out exactly where they go. I will try to take a pic later this evening when I get home of what I have put together so far. Thanks for the warm welcome!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dr. Prime's post:
  • Finno, Super
Image posted above!
  • Super
I think you have a budding engineer in your six year old. Reminds me of...me when I was young, taking things apart to see how they work but too young to know how to put it back together.

I do wish somebody has one and can help you as I am curious now too.

Worse case...you could buy a used set on Ebay, cheaply....open the piece to see how to reinstall the parts and then relist the same set back on Ebay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Haha! Yeah, he is fascinated with how things work. He's taken apart so many engines to see the motor. I can't tell you how many trains we've had to fix and he always wants to see the insides. It is annoying and adorable at the same time, lol.

I did think about doing something like that. I was hoping to avoid the hassle though of buying and reselling. I'll give it a little time before going that route.
  • Super
By the looks of the parts in your photo I would think that once you see an example it would be easy to re-assemble as long as there isn't a spring that went somewhere.   Undecided
Man, I loved taking things apart when I was a kid! I could usually put them back together but I’m sure that wasn’t always the case. I wish I could offer help with this particular problem but I can’t remember if my son has this set or where it would be if he does.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
Anyone out there ha e this set???