Last Batch of Motor Tomica

8 Replies, 7115 Views

These are the Last batch of Motor Tomica vehicles that I am after. Except for one that I want to upgrade to a better condition and one that is the only character vehicle there is that I don't hold out hope for getting, this is the last delivery. Currently I have 33 different   and 6 duplicates motorized vehicles. I still blame Sunhuntin.

In this batch I received what I think is the only other Container Truck made. I now have the 3 different versions, Silver, Green and Orange. (please let me know if there are others) This variation of a Taxi had eluded me until now. The two SUV's, yellow & red, don't show up as often and I am glad to have picked up these.

Why is it that I am always attracted to the hard to find gray Tomy tracks and its no different with the Road track as I have opted to accumulate the hard to get light gray road track as opposed to the easy to get dark gray. The light gray road track is almost never seen in the States available and I only see them in Japan. I have decided to abandon my collection of Trackmaster road track which I always thought to be nicer that the Tomy but there isn't as much accessory pieces like the Tomy line has. Much like the Tomy train track there is so much more to offer that Trackmaster never did.

[Image: 003.jpg] [Image: 006.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, mod thana, Nigels
nice work, super!! but i dont believe you that this is the last...
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 3 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno, mod thana, Super
How about a picture of the entire collection to date Super? It might help confirm if you do have the complete set as some members may have ones you don't or at least it would give the rest of us something to aspire to lol!
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • mod thana, Super
Does the container truck actually carry a standard Plarail container? That would be very useful for an intermodal operation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
@Sunhuntin
You don't believe me [Image: super-sad.gif]

@Nigels
Oh, this is not a 'Complete' collection of all the Motor Tomica vehicles, just complete as far as what I want. For a complete list of whats out there, as far as we know, check out the ongoing list of released vehicles here... https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=3496 As requested, for our collection, see photos below.

@OTR
Yes, these Container Trucks carry the same containers that come with the Plarail container cars. Plus, the Silver truck with the Sagawa Containers also have a magnet underneath them so they can be picked up moved and dropped off using the special container vehicle. All of the Plarail containers have spots that you could add a round magnet to that would enable them to be lifted and dropped if one so chose. See the last set of photos below.

[Image: mt1.jpg][Image: mt2.jpg][Image: mt3.jpg][Image: mt4.jpg][Image: mt5.jpg]

[Image: mt7.jpg][Image: mt8.jpg][Image: mt9.jpg][Image: mt10.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails
@Super: Thank you, that answers several questions!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
What a great little collection, I can imagine that lot running on a layout with trains etc, should look awesome Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nigels's post:
  • Super
something new for you to chase after...

https://www.jauce.com/auction/j561609712
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 2 users Like sunhuntin's post:
  • Off The Rails, Super
[Image: smiley-face-laughing.gif]

I had not known that the skinny PlaKids (as I call them) came with Tomica car blister packs like that. The more modern PlaKids come like that with specific Tomica vehicles but seeing these is new to me. Wouldn't they be even cooler if the vehicles were motorized?

Thanks Sun