If Thomas runs on New York subway system in the 80s

14 Replies, 13942 Views

Graffiti was a huge problem for the New York subway system in the 1980s. Somebody modified his Thomas , Annie and caribelle

[Image: 56830114-10157330518206908-6389046732231016448-o.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Off The Rails
LOL...thats what happens when you fall asleep in New York Undecided
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Off The Rails
It’s not just New York. Just about anywhere you have a storage siding, you’ll get tagging. I’ve seen some fairly well known examples roll through my little podunk corner of the world.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super
True some of the freight train rolling stocks are covered with graffiti.  In fact there is no fence protecting the transfer yards near my house.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2019, 01:34 AM by Super.)
  • Off The Rails
I do like that custom and how Thomas looks. The creator did a fine decaling job.
  • Off The Rails
Speaking of Thomas graffiti... I saw this on the highway while driving into town (pop. 650) a few years ago.

[Image: graffiti.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like drewbenn's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, Off The Rails, WoodWheel92
That’s a pretty impressive piece of artwork on that grain hopper! It was “nice” of him to at least leave the data plates clear. I’ve got to admit it would be amusing to see some Thomas themed tags on a train being pulled by Thomas!

I’m of two courses of thought on this. I see some very interesting, elaborate artwork on some of these. On the other hand, this traveling mural belongs to someone else who probably didn’t authorize the artwork.
interesting. this rolling stock belongs to Canadian Pacific I think. Security around rail yards must be very lax. It will take many hours to complete this mural.
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2019, 12:33 AM by Super.)
  • Off The Rails
Does that say 'Grave' or 'Crave'?
  • Off The Rails
(04-11-2019, 12:29 AM)leylandvictory2 Wrote: interesting.  this rolling stock belongs to Canadian Pacific I think.  Security around rail yards must be very lax.  It will take many hours to complete this mural.
More than likely, the mural was painted while this was in a storage siding somewhere in Podunk. Security around major rail facilities is pretty tight, at least in the US. Some smaller and/or older yards are pretty accessible though. But many cars are stored on unused branch lines and sidings or leased space on short lines, sometimes for months or even years. It gives the taggers and mural artists plenty of time to work unobserved. This particular car is a grain hopper, so I imagine it gets used seasonally and is left stored in the off season.
(04-11-2019, 12:34 AM)Super Wrote: Does that say 'Grave' or 'Crave'?
I’m gonna say “Crave”. I had to enlarge the image and study it for a bit because I couldn’t tell either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super