A fun day soldering

9 Replies, 7670 Views

I had a fun day soldering new wires For TOMY James and Gordon Henry has other problems. For one his driving wheels have a crack in the main gear and a cut wire all 3 suffered the same problem only Henry has the crack.

Both James and Gordon run well tho James did not want to start right away a jump from a rechargeable AA battery changed his mind.

[Image: IMAG3030.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3031.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3033.jpg]

[-] The following 1 user Likes Roblue1091's post:
  • Super
Well done Roblue, another set of trains saved from the trash. If you don't have a junk engine with the same type of clutched drive axle gear then you can do a little repair that might work. The clutch is not necessary if you aren't holding the engine in place while running. After re-seating the gear & clutch assembly,  take some thin, liquid Super Glue (not any thick gel type) place a slight amount in the crack of the gear and in the split area where the clutch and gear meet. This will nullify the clutch but Henry may still work.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Roblue1091
Thank you Super, Gordon was my first attempt at soldering the area where his switch is is a little warped due to the iron sitting to long. But he still runs I am picking up 2 bulk lots one Today and Monday one looks to have a beat up Henry I hope to salvage his wheels.

[Image: Screenshot-20190406-191211.png]

[Image: Screenshot-20190406-191224.png]

[Image: Screenshot-20190406-191236.png]

[Image: Screenshot-20190412-211335.png]
  • Super
Whoa...you have a rare Amtrak in there too, great find.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Roblue1091
It is I did not know that! I am picking the first lot up for $20 the the last one for $25 plus a play train table I will flip. I in bulk Wooden Railway Take-Along/Play and keep what ever Track Master TOMY ERTLs i find. This lot is a gift to my self for a hard week ahead lol
  • Super
Well, I would say that the Amtrak and its two coaches are worth more than you paid both lots put together. Depending on its condition I would say $50 to $100 possibly more to an overseas buyer.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, Roblue1091
It turns out I have most of the Amtrak Super Spiral Set a good bulk of of its there. $100+ just blows my mind I never knew that was in there let alone can go for that much and it runs. If I hold onto it will it go up or they stay about the same? And parts Henry is well going to be parts.
[Image: IMAG3039.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3040.jpg]
  • Super
In case you needed a parts list for the Amtrak Super Spiral Set

[Image: 022.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Roblue1091
Thank you! I think its all there besides the Station singe and a few window pains for the station its self. The bulk of it is looks to be there I have not gone threw it all yet.
(This post was last modified: 04-16-2019, 11:05 AM by Super.)
  • Super
I Had posted this Thread in the TrackMaster Thomas and Friends section but seeing as how everything its TOMY I figured I would repost it here. 

I had a fun day soldering new wires For TOMY James and Gordon Henry has other problems. For one his driving wheels have a crack in the main gear and a cut wire all 3 suffered the same problem only Henry has the crack. Both James and Gordon run well tho James did not want to start right away a jump from a rechargeable AA battery changed his mind.

[Image: IMAG3030.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3031.jpg]

Update: So my latest TOMY Thomas lot is a useful one a parts Henry I can use his drive wheels the rest is well parts someone tried to rewire him but failed. There was also the surprise find a rare Amtrak Super Spiral Set with the TOMY Amtrak Loco and cars!

[Image: IMAG3039.jpg]

[Image: IMAG3040.jpg]

• Super