What do you think?

5 Replies, 6877 Views

Do you think Plarail will rerelease Duck and Oliver into their Thomas line since they returned to the series? Would you buy them if they did comeback? Enough with the questions, now with the theory. I think they did not release Duck this year because they might have wanted to bring back Duck and Oliver together. And we all know they release the engines a year later than the engines special came out.
[-] The following 2 users Like TrainMan2001's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, thehsvdude
i would certainly buy it if they re released it
(07-10-2014, 03:45 PM)TrainMan2001 Wrote: Do you think Plarail will rerelease Duck and Oliver into their Thomas line since they returned to the series? Would you buy them if they did comeback? Enough with the questions, now with the theory. I think they did not release Duck this year because they might have wanted to bring back Duck and Oliver together. And we all know they release the engines a year later than the engines special came out.

I think this might be a simple test of time; Duck simply needs the white on his eyes, his teeth, and the silver handrails whereas Oliver would need his black running board, green wheels, silver handrails, white on his eyes and his teeth. I certainly hope so; Oliver could be rereleased updated with the branch line coaches while Duck comes with coal trucks.
Residential train-afficionado in training, and Thomas & Friends fan.

I'd certainly pick up Oliver. Honestly I dont think Plarail is focusing on engines right now as much as sets and add ones and stuff. I surely hope they do. I'd get them.
From Thomas To Today's Modern Diesels, They're All A Part Of My Rail-Yard!
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2014, 09:12 PM by Trackmaster-Rail-Yard.)
i'll am going to get oliver if he is rereleasedBig Grin but no duck, I have a tomy duck and it's one of my 'childhood' engineTongue i'll never replace that duck.
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2014, 06:37 AM by emilyfan101.)
I think it's an interesting question and somewhat possible. My confidence in Plarail engines re-released has risen since Harvey was released this year, even though the cars were repainted, so Duck and/or Oliver could get that same treatment the following year. The issue is that it looks like they are trying to keep the number of available engines not too high, so more existing engines will be discontinued, like what happened to Mavis, Stanley, and Dash. Looking at the current line-up of 18, I don't think anything really looks like it's ready to be withdrawn. I believe the first ten engines will be untouchable, and the only likely engine I can see getting discontinued and replaced with one of these two characters is Percy and Rocky.
[-] The following 2 users Like jdogman's post:
  • HankAmericanEngine, Trackmaster-Rail-Yard