Finno's Train Hopping Pix

46 Replies, 44815 Views

Guangzhou–Shenzhen–Hong Kong Express Rail Link
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guangzhou%..._Rail_Link

I haven't had the chance to travel on the HK part yet (blue line on the map) but the Shenzhen to Guangzhou section is what I listed above. It opened in late 2018 and also runs CRH high-speed trains (200kmph).

[Image: Guangzhou_Shenzhen_Hongkong_Express_Rail_Link_en.svg]
(This post was last modified: 05-28-2019, 10:04 AM by Super.)
Hi, Finno! Your train hopping photos and video are amazing.

I've always wanted the Plarail CRH2 train, too bad it's discontinued.

I live in northern China and went to my hometown in southern China every spring festival by the latest Fuxinhao (复兴号) high speed train. It took only 3.5 hrs to cover about 1000 km.

If by any chance you come to Beijing, be sure to visit China Railway Museum Dongjiao here. It has the largest collection of locomotives in China, including the basis of Yong Bao in Thomas and Friends, the RM 1001 locomotive. There's also a circular test track nearby, where you often see test trains passing by.

[Image: 512-KGj-Kk-IUL-SL1100.jpg]

[Image: 1024px-China-Railways-RM-1001-steam-locomotive-01.jpg]

[Image: railway-test-track.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like hystudio's post:
  • Finno, Super
(05-30-2019, 02:00 AM)hystudio Wrote: If by any chance you come to Beijing, be sure to visit China Railway Museum Dongjiao here.

Definitely I will check this out next time I can get to Beijing.

One day I hope to travel on the Fuxing too. It sounds incredible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuxing_(train)
Time for another update. This time we are in Shanghai and riding the massive metro. There are as many people living in Shanghai as there are in my whole country, Australia. So when you have 26 million you also have a very large metro. This one has more than 15 lines.

Here's the map:

[Image: shanghai002.jpg]

To be honest I didn't even need to go outside the central yellow zone.

Here's a train arriving at a Shanghai station.

[Image: shanghai003.jpg]

Very rare to get a chance to photograph inside a train with barely no-one around but this was early in the morning on a branch line.
[Image: shanghai001.jpg]

Now here's one with commuters:

[Image: shanghai004.jpg]

I won't tell you where the NEXt stop is but it's outside of China and I just gave you a clue!  Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
That empty coach picture is amazing, almost like it was mirrored.

The last picture shows what the human race has become when all over the world their heads are attached to a phone. Makes me glad I have never owned one.

Thanks for sharing the pictures Finno
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
When you fly into Narita International Airport of course you want to catch the Narita Express (or N'EX).

[Image: Narita-Express01.jpg]

[Image: Narita-Express02.jpg]

I made a little video of my trip on the N'EX. If you watch closely outside the window you might see something like this:

[Image: s-26-ef210.jpg]

and this:

[Image: freight.jpg]

...and if you are really careful you might quickly see a glimpse of something like this:

[Image: e231-closeup.jpg]

Here's my video aboard the Narita Express with on board announcements in English (heading to Narita):

[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
Thanks Finno, that was an interesting view. Are those seats comfortable?
Just when you thought I had run out of commuter train videos, lo and behold, I find another one!

A few years ago I had the good fortune to travel to Tokyo and filmed the very crowded mid-morning rush. If you have never been on a crowded metro train it can be quite an experience!  Big Grin

[Image: s-31-5.jpg]

[Image: S-31-E233-3.jpg]

I'm not sure if the train in my video is the E231 or E233 but you can definitely see the double level middle cars as per the Plarail train above.

My favourite parts: The two guys each with one foot sticking out; and the lady who squeezes in just when you think it's not possible for anyone else to board. wow!

I would quit my job if I had to endure that claustrophobic condition twice a day let alone being nose to nose with sick or less than sanitary co-passengers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
Wow.. that’s crazy.. it is bad enough riding a packed elevator up in a building but that may be too much..
[-] The following 2 users Like ripley802's post:
  • Finno, Super