MrMotorMan

28 Replies, 25413 Views

Mr motorman definitely doesn't work on Trackmaster 2 engines for obvious reason. Mr. motorman is now somewhat an obsolete technology but it is worthwhile to get one. I believe there is an app and a receiver you must download and buy. Much more easier to operate but sadly the controls are written in Japanese for obvious reasons.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno
It's not "obsolete" since TrackMaster had major mechanical changes whereas Plarail is still the same. There is no app for Mr. Motorman, only the physical receiver and controller. I suppose you're thinking of the later RC Doctor Yellow that requires a Japanese address for the app. Due to how simple Mr. Motorman is, there's (little to) no need to learn Japanese to use it.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2019, 11:44 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like DalaGStanator's post:
  • Finno, Super
Hi Guys it is a really fun bit of kit if you can find one! I have had no ill effects on any loco with it running in reverse (except for derailments haha).
[-] The following 2 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno
you don't need to buy an Angry Gordon if you want Gordon to run at a ridiculous speed. I haven't got myself one of the latest plarail engines yet. I wonder if mr motorman will work on the newest plarail engines since they have a different designs.
I don't know if I am looking at the wrong thing but there seem to be a lot available on eBay. Specifically the "Mr MotorMan operation good eco 3".

At first I thought perhaps they were just selling the m.3 battery pack but the listings seem to suggest it's the whole kit. A bit hard to decipher some of them.

Here's a search result:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_from...n&_sacat=0

What do you think?
Yes, these all seem to be the entire kit. Operation Good Eco 3 is a later revision since (most) new trains use AA batteries, though it now provides an adapter for the receiver to fit into a C compartment. There's even a Plarail Advance version (with a grey controller).

I still wonder how Ucwepn heard of it before he purchased his.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Finno
From spending entirely too much time online researching things haha.
[-] The following 3 users Like Ucwepn's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Super
I believe there is one specially designed for plarail advance.

Edit Mr Motorman M4 apparently is used for Plarail advance

more videos on Mr. Motorman

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...il+advance
That was exactly what I stated earlier.

Bonus tip: I'm not sure if all versions have this, but: if you're running a steam engine, you can get a whistle sound if you hold down the horn button.

Side note: if possible, I think these threads should be merged with this one and this thread renamed Mr. Motorman Discussion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Finno
Although not in English this newer video is pretty much self explanatory on the updated Mr Motorman. This unit is much better and more versatile than the 'C' sized Only one I have...I must get one of these to replace mine.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, hystudio