Mail Call!

5 Replies, 4836 Views

A couple of hard to find items arrived today.

First there are many different variations of the the Motorized Mitsubishi Pajero but this was the first time I had seen it as a red Fire Chief's design so I had to have it. Looks to be almost new.

The brown Arched Bridge is very hard to find a bit more harder than the white Arched Bridge of similar design. I say similar design because the brown one corrected what I believe was a mistake in the first version, white. With the white version you have to use original, vintage type risers on each end, with the brown version they added tabs on one end and a plate on the other that support tracks on each side. If you are one that liked these and actively wanted to acquire they then you should note that these are vintage and released in a time before the risers we know of today, These bridges as are the vintage risers are 1/4" shorter the the risers we are all use to today. Its funny but I tried to do exactly what the brown bridge has but I couldn't get the white polystyrene plastic to stick to the bridge even with Super Glue.

I didn't know it but the hard to find, closed in gray Road Track Slopes suffer from the same vintage problem as the Arched Bridges above. The slopes are 1/4" shorter than the two different types of risers (only ones I know of) that are for the Tomy Road Tracks. So I have to imagine that these closed in slopes are only meant to be connected to each other or with one piece of Road Track in between as that track would not need any support. I have been after a set of these for quite some time.

[Image: 003.jpg]   [Image: 005.jpg]  

[Image: 008.jpg]   [Image: 011.jpg]  

[Image: 015.jpg]   [Image: 016.jpg]  

[Image: 017.jpg]   [Image: 018.jpg]

[Image: 020.jpg]   [Image: 021.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, Off The Rails, sunhuntin
Congrats on getting these and thanks for the awesome post with pictures. I learned a bunch of new things I previously didn't know about the risers.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
If you need more of these to use for a layout they should be fairly easy to replicate and print as the design is quite simple.
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • Finno, Super
OMG!
In my humble opinion this is exactly what 3D printers were made for, to enable you to replicate no longer available or hard to find parts or to modify them to fit a different purpose or allow them to work better than their original design Smile
Happily collecting things all my life... Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Nigels's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno
[Image: big-grin-smiley-emoticon.gif]