Backdating Bachmann's Thomas the Tank Engine

94 Replies, 83263 Views

Despite having ever so minor differences few would be likely to notice, I think I already prefer this over the Bachmann body (along with all the other issues you pointed out). Strange how you already changed him to blue when he'd most likely be painted after printing (unless you somehow found the exact match in Tinkercad). Assuming it works like in SketchUp, you could perhaps try placing temporary cylinders between the cab ends and then erase them, which should hopefully cut out the portholes on both ends equally. Otherwise, poke or drill them out on the physical version instead. Now that you've switched to 3D, do you think you'd be able to resize the parts for your upcoming Gauge 1 replica (or a British N scale version) to make things easier? In programs like Mine-imator and ModelBench, I've found out components don't stay where they were before rescaling, so I hope Tinkercad doesn't have that.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2020, 10:04 AM by Super.)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scratchbuilding B̶a̶c̶h̶m̶a̶n̶n̶'̶s̶ Thomas the Tank Engine - by DalaGStanator - 09-16-2020, 09:59 AM