Trip to Day out with Thomas at Oigawa Railway

5 Replies, 4934 Views

Just took my family to Oigawa Railway's Day out with Thomas event in Japan. My 3 year old son loved it. The atmosphere is amazing, we saw Japanese children cheering Thomas on on the turntable. And we had a fun race with Bertie along the way.

Totally recommend it for little Thomas fans if you're going to Japan during summer/autumn. You can find the event calendar on the official site. Even if you can't get the tickets for the Thomas train (a friend in Japan bought the tickets for us), you can still take the regular steam train and visit the Thomas fair to see Thomas, James (on some days), Percy, Hiro, Rusty, Winston, Bertie, etc.

[Image: IMG-6631.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2402.jpg]

[Image: IMG-5334.jpg]

[Image: IMG-2155.jpg]

Also during the stay in Japan, we went to Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea. I bought my son a Plarail Monorail set at the Disneyland gift shop. I think it's a Tokyo Disneyland exclusive since I haven't seen it sold anywhere else.

[Image: IMG-8891.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like hystudio's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails, Super
What a fabulous day it looks you had and the trip included Disneyland...priceless. I would love to see all the trains there especially the Oigawa Thomas. The Day Out with Thomas I went to here in the States many years ago was fun but I would much prefer seeing the Oigawa Thomas than the boxy one I saw.

Thanks so much for sharing with us your trip Hy
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yes we had a wonderful trip in Japan.
We might be staying in California for a year starting this December if my wife’s visiting scholar application went smoothly. We’ll definitely check some railway events and museums there~
[-] The following 1 user Likes hystudio's post:
  • Super
Hope to hear more about your adventures in California too, once they occur especially as your son grows older as each year and his eyes open wider to the wonders around him with great parents who show him more of them. We hope to see more and more of you as the years go on and we get him addicted...er...interested in Plarail trains. Big Grin
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
There are some events in Canada. If not, we have several train museum that are worth to visit.
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
That looks like an awesome day!

Can I admit that I like the C11 Thomas more than the original E2 shunter version?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Off The Rails's post:
  • Super