Model Kits

63 Replies, 51009 Views

Thank you, Super Smile Yes the silver on the wing root is from people walking there to get into the cockpit or to check on the pilot after landing. I did a little bit of research into these for weathering ideas and they were actually kept quite pristine, most likely to squeeze every ounce of speed out in the event it needs to run - after all, there are no guns or armour.

I've been a bit naughty as well. It has been four weeks since ordering my Tamiya KGV through a local store and as most places around here don't hold true when they say "We'll ring to let you know" I thought I'd pop in and just check. Fair enough, it hasn't even been sent from the warehouse yet which is less than ideal and nothing short of what I expected.

Milling around the store and getting some paint for my 3D printing project, I saw they had a bunch of newer Airfix releases including all of the Vintage Classics range. Took me back a few years seeing the HMS Hood box with the same art as my original one. Sadly I never finished it and have probably lost some parts but I know where the Hull is so that's a start. Among the other new releases was the 1:48 Sea Fury FB.II 'Export' with Australian markings. It's not exactly the best looking plane but in a way it's home grown and features foldable wings so I was sold. Also picked up a 1:72 Lancaster at the same time as I ordered the KGV.

For every model I complete, two new ones must take its place on the shelf.

- Tree
[-] The following 1 user Likes FlyingFordFalcon's post:
  • Super
You built an HMS Hood? What scale was that?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Wow, that Spitfire is one beautiful airplane... uh, AEROPLANE! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
Thank you all [Image: 1f642.svg]

I have started another project in the hopes it would be quick and relatively easy, the 1:72 Revell Ta 152 H which was a reissue of the old FROG tooling. No interior detail to speak of which meant I had to use the pilot. For my first attempt, I'm okay with it. I did my best to make it look like there was something there by cutting away a bit of the oddly round opening at the front and then painting the raised section black all the way down.

[Image: 3f84be3702.png]
[Image: aaad0492d1.png]
It isn't the best kit out there but with a bit of smooth jazz and a coffee on the side it's alright [Image: 1f642.svg] Not really looking forward to airbrushing the complex camouflage though, particularly the mottling.

- Tree
[-] The following 3 users Like FlyingFordFalcon's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails, Super