Plarail 'Doki Doki'

7 Replies, 6112 Views

For the use of the phrase 'doki doki' (どきどき) in relation to 'Roller Coaster Mountain', see here:
https://www.blueplastictracks.com/showth...3#pid44993

Here's another box that uses 'doki doki' (the sound of a beating heart), released a couple of months later in 2007.

Percy and the Doki Doki Freight Wagons:

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]

Here the phrase is presumably referring to the rattling-freight wagons, though you'll notice that there's an insert on the box showing Percy descending doki doki mountain as well.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
Thats very interesting that there is a picture of Percy in another set on the box. Hmmm, wonder if thats been done before?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Here's a couple of Suzukawa videos showing both Plarail versions of Doki Doki Mountain (you'll notice that's what they call it) very well:

[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
It does look like all 3 sets have the same look on Thomas's face.
I was watching these two beautiful sets for some time, but when I saw Suzukawa's videos, I bought both Dokidoki sets. I liked the way she managed to avoid the steep slope with the bridges connecting two mountains. So I did something similar. By the way, the set with the Fortress (the older one) is, in my opinion, much better. The fortress looks great by itself, but it also has nicer entrance portal with green bush down there:

[Image: IMG-20191224-220947.jpg][Image: IMG-20191225-180211.jpg][Image: IMG-20191229-224546.jpg]

The other one (the one with the sticker that I don't like very much) has naked portal leg (nothing green around the orange portal). Also, the older fortress set is assembled (the track is fixed), and the other one is not. 
The radius on the mountain track is small, so not all of my trains coud manage it (the Enoden Type 1000 hits the middle tunnel descending, for example), so for now I use Enoden 500 and Meitetsu 510 on that line and they are running just fine. Altogether, beautiful sets, I really love them!
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, Off The Rails, Super
I’m liking the trains themselves! The Meitetsu 510 is one of my favorites in both real life and Plarail forms.
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, Super
I like the Hakone Tozan Railway Series 3000 from Suzukawa's first video, but my Meitetsu 510 and Enoden 500 look so great on my Dokidoki line that I can forget about time watching them! Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Thanks Mr No