Limited 60th Anniversary Station Platforms???

18 Replies, 11473 Views

Saw these starting to appear on the Japan Auctions. Could these be Plarail Expo Exclusives? I hadn't seen or heard about them. Looks to be a special 60th Anniversary sticker release. Wonder if its really called a "Potato Station" as the Seller titles or just a translation issue. Potato Station?

Might someone be able to translate this?

[Image: i-img473x473-15742608888y7bxx135803.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, sunhuntin
That looks like a bag of McDonalds Fries under the yellow writing top right, so maybe potato is correct. I'll have a go at the translation but there's some complicated characters in there, so it'll take a while.
Potato Station (Potato-No-Eki) it is....
[Image: image.png]
and definitely a McDonalds give-away.

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Finno, Super
Ah, now I see the french fries, thanks Dr Chris

I am surprised that the stickers don't include the easily identifiable Golden Arches.
ugh, going to need that to go with the burger flat decks... plarail and maccas seem to team up quite often.
my website address has changed: https://sunscollections.weebly.com/
[-] The following 1 user Likes sunhuntin's post:
  • Finno
What is "maccas"?
maccas short for McDonalds. We say it here in NZ
[-] The following 3 users Like drew5195's post:
  • Finno, sunhuntin, Super
I'm currently in Japan until Tuesday. I will go to a McDonalds tomorrow and see if these are still a thing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
It looks like the promotion started 12th October. There also seems to have been a DVD with a voucher for a Plarail train with value up to 2500yen, but this was 12th/13th/14th and 19th/20th only.

For the record, I've deciphered the stylised yellow text, it is ポテトの駅 = 'Poteto no eki' = Potato Station
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2019, 11:47 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
(11-21-2019, 08:02 AM)drew5195 Wrote: maccas short for McDonalds.

Never heard of that before. Wonder what other nick names there are for McDonalds around the world? Mickey Dee's is the nick name I know them as.

Anyone else have a name the call McDonalds where they are?