Limited 60th Anniversary Station Platforms???

18 Replies, 11394 Views

(11-22-2019, 11:51 AM)Super Wrote: Anyone else have a name they call McDonalds where they are?
Several, but unfortunately they would all infringe one or more of the forum rules. On the plus side I would have to drive for a little over an hour to get to my nearest one.  Though if they were giving away cool stuff over here my opinion might undergo a drastic overhaul.

Macca, incidentally, is Paul McCartney.
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Finno
I was in Bic Camera today and they had these signs up in the Plarail section so I guess the offer is still available. 

I was trying to translate the sign and it seemed like you had to get a card in McDonalds after buying a happy meal and then bring the card in to the store to redeem it. But it was confusing and this might be the instructions for the DVD only and not the station.

[Image: IMG-20191122-122556.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191122-122840.jpg]
@Finno
Thanks for the pictures Finno...wish I was there. How is the weather?

(11-22-2019, 12:06 PM)chrisjo Wrote: Macca, incidentally, is Paul McCartney.

Hmmm...I thought Paul McCartney was Paul McCartney, never knew he had a nickname. Do you call him Macca because he sings like a bird?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That sounds like a potentially convoluted way to get a toy. Not surprising in Japan but it would never work in the super litigious US. It’s a neat little piece though. Definitely worth having if you like to collect the Plarail McDonald’s promo merch. I’d go so far as saying that it may be the nicest Plarail McDonald’s promo item I recall seeing. Some earlier stuff rates high in the quirky/cool category but this one has a great utilitarian value.

I know Paul McCartney has had the nickname Macca for decades but it doesn’t seem to be commonly used by fans on the US side of The Pond. I hadn’t even thought about it in years until I recently spent some time lurking on a bass player message board and noticed it was often used there.
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(11-23-2019, 06:16 AM)Off The Rails Wrote: That sounds like a potentially convoluted way to get a toy.

It gets worse. After embarrassing myself a few times in McDonalds and various managers shaking their head telling me 'we don't have' I went back to Bic Camera where I saw the promo sign and asked an assistant what the deal is.

Of course she had to get several other people involved, partly due to my attempts at asking the question via hand gestures and finger pointing and miming.

If I got it correct (and I still may not have) you had to get one of the DVD's (or all of them perhaps) on those specific dates from a McDonalds after purchasing a happy meal. You then bring the DVD(s) in to a Bic Camera store and you are then entitled to buy the potato station for 2,500 JPY.

So if you see one on auctions, fair play to whoever went through all that to obtain it!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Finno's post:
  • Super
All that just for the honor of purchasing it for 2500yen?...geesh!
Well done Finno!  I bet you enjoyed the experience really!
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
The instructions say:

1. Go to McDonalds on the following days (All of Japan excluding Hokkaido: Oct 12, 13, 14; Hokkaido: Oct 19, 20) and buy a Happy Meal. The Happy Meal will include a "Plarail Special DVD 2019" that contains a "Plarail Ticket".
2. Take the "Plarail Ticket" to a toy shop that is participating and in one transaction purchase more than 2500 Yen worth of Plarail products. When you are paying for the Plarail products, you can exchange your "Plarail Ticket" for a "Potato Station (reversible)".

Hope that helps!

-plarnold
[-] The following 4 users Like plarnold's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno, Off The Rails, Super
Thanks for the translation Plarnold. This makes sense as Plarail has had similar 'giveaways' in the past where you had to buy a certain amount of Plarail products to receive the free item.