What kind of water is best for Steam Along Thomas

4 Replies, 3842 Views

I recently bought an original color Steam Along Thomas and I don't know what kind of water I should use to minimize wear. I've just been using distilled water.

Also first thread. yay! Smile
[-] The following 4 users Like clicker's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
Hello and welcome to BlueplasticTracks. Yes, Distilled water is the correct water to use for these. Tap water has to many minerals and things that can cause damage from what I recall reading somewhere.
[-] The following 3 users Like ripley802's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins, Super
Welcome to BPT Clicker

You are correct in using Distilled water and as Mr Ripley says the Minerals in tap water can collect and damage the the train. In fact I use distilled water in everything like coffee makers humidifiers, trains etc because of mineral deposits that can shorten the life of any appliance. One should always have at least a gallon on hand for such things at its really not that expensive, at least not in my neck of the woods.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, MuddyPoppins
To be honest, I just use tap water from my sink. :3
The shining foxtaur who loves trains and plarail! JR SOCIETY!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConrailFoxtaur5605's post:
  • Super
I've used tap water when I had mine since that was the only type we had, and I didn't know/care about distilled water back then. That must've been why it squeaked whenever it was going to run out (unless it was just designed to do so regardless of the water used).
[-] The following 1 user Likes DalaGStanator's post:
  • Super