Tomica Shell Station

12 Replies, 8238 Views

So I told myself I was going to have a cooling off period after I spent a bit too much in Japan. Then I find myself in Singapore and couldn't help from popping in to the local Tomica dealer at Let's Play.

[Image: IMG-20190804-125538.jpg]

...and of course they had this Shell station from 1994 which I couldn't take my eye off because it also included the motorized Shell truck.

They also knew what they had and it was priced accordingly. So after asking myself 'What would Super do in this situation?', I of course walked out with a lighter wallet and a box under my arm.  Now I am really in cooling off mode as I enjoy eating sausages and gravel for Christmas this year... Wink

[Image: IMG-20191213-165129.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20191213-165228.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20191213-165459.jpg]  [Image: IMG-20191213-165847.jpg]
[-] The following 7 users Like Finno's post:
  • AOF04, chrisjo, drew5195, Engineer Bob, MuddyPoppins, Off The Rails, Super
Holy cow, that’s a really elaborate looking set! What a great find.

Sausages and gravel? That’s a new one to me but it sounds like it’s a bit up the food chain from ramen with those “flavor packets” that are mostly salt.
[-] The following 3 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
Oh... Fantastic score Finno, that station is much sought after even in Japan so its no wonder they knew what they had. A lot of times that beautiful truck is not included with the set and is sold separately and goes very high especially in the great condition you have.

"sausages and gravel"? .....you get sausages too???? Undecided
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins
Now that I've cleaned the drool off my keyboard let me say, nice purchase!
[-] The following 3 users Like Engineer Bob's post:
  • AOF04, Finno, Super
Better than my peanut and jelly diet lol. I sometimes do overtime just to support my expensive hobby lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 3 users Like leylandvictory2's post:
  • Finno, Off The Rails, Super
I remember eating a lot of PB&J for lunch and pasta for dinner back in the day. Come to think about it, things aren’t a lot different now! Confused
[-] The following 2 users Like Off The Rails's post:
  • Finno, Super
What is also great is that you found it live and avoided all the Auction Fees and shipping.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Finno
frozen pizzas sadly was one of my regular diets back when i was in college lol
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Thats pretty bad that you had to eat them frozen! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • chrisjo, Finno
(12-14-2019, 02:56 PM)Super Wrote: What is also great is that you found it live and avoided all the Auction Fees and shipping.

Yeah I know - that's what was awesome and one reason I didn't want to leave it.

I just arrived home today and confirmed I successfully transported it back without anything breaking in my suitcase. I had to carefully flatten the box and bring the station parts back packed with soft clothes around it for padding. I test run the truck and it goes really fast!

Very pleased with this lucky find.
[-] The following 2 users Like Finno's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super