Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 462345 Views

Something new in the Layout....Kewl! Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Something new in the Layout....Kewl! Smile  I like how you use the Plarail Remote Controlled Chassis to have the trains stop and go at the stations. IMO...this looks to have better control and ease of use of the trains than a Mr Motorman.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
I don't know about Mr Motorman, but this latest controller works great:

[Image: s-l1600.jpg]

Many newer trains have replaceable chassis. Trains are easily operated with this device; it has two speeds forward and one reverse, 3 modes (freight train, commuter train, shinkansen), special handle for opening and closing the door, and several sound effects (train sounds, horns, station announcements) for each mode. It's cool to run 4 or 5 trains on the layout and operate one of them with that stick. However, it is not easy to operate a train and record a video at the same time! Big Grin
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Is that the Controller you have Mr No? Is that a Hand Held Controller in black on the left? Is this the newer edition of this?

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Mister No
Yup, that's mine, that's the newest version as far as I know, not much different from the white one on your picture.

You turn it on with the yellow key (which stays permanently in the lock), select the mode with the red switch, open and close the doors with the smaller black handle and steer the train with the big one. Four buttons are for the sounds, and that black thing on the left is, I suppose, a "microphone" for kids to play, it has no function at all, but when you remove it, you have a nice grip with your left hand when you hold it in the air and operate the train with the big handle with your right hand. 

All in all, it's a very cool Plarail "gadget"! Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like Mister No's post:
  • DalaGStanator, Super
Thanks Mr No, I would like to pick one up eventually and play around with that chassis if I can get one cheap enough. Looks like the newer one (controller like yours) is going for cheaper than the original white one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
I think it's still obtainable for a reasonable price. (It was $56.78 at Plazajapan, but they sold it out relatively recently.)

And I recommend it, it's really fun and works great! Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Mr No...does that remote control also go in reverse?
  • Mister No
Of course, it does, Super: two speed forward, one speed in reverse!
Look how I use that reverse option, parking this Doraemon train in the shed at 4:50 (and on)! Big Grin

Whew...thanks Mr No....without a reverse was a deal breaker for me and I was panicking because I had ordered one from Amazon and wondered if I had enough time to cancel...now I know I don't have to...whew!
  • Mister No