Mister No's Pics & Vids

1088 Replies, 461997 Views

(07-21-2022, 12:10 PM)Super Wrote: Does the Mine Tunnel come with an AEG Set? The reason I ask is that it does look like an original Mine from a Trackmaster set but I don't remember seeing one with the blue on it. Also, nice to know that the Hopper cargo can be removed...btw...what is that cargo supposed to be?

[Image: CCT06.jpg]

the cargo on the trucks i think are a gem that is really big (or something else idk the name of it)  and the kart in the back is probably hauling some dirt with gold in it...

for the trucks behind, i think the cargo came from a trackmaster glow in the dark set:

[Image: trackmaster-glowing-mine-set.png]

closer:

[Image: trackmaster-cargo.png]

the box:

[Image: trackmaster-glow-in-the-dark.png]

Smile
mostly Plarail items
[-] The following 2 users Like PerkyHydrAan's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, Super
That beautiful tunnel doesn't come with an AEG set; it is the old TrackMaster Morgan's Mine. Here is Thomas at Morgan's Mine set, but I believe they used it in one or more other sets:

[Image: Thomas-at-Morgans-Mine.webp]

That "mine" is actually a tunnel/bridge that can be used with Plarail, TM1, TM2, but it's too low for AEG engines, mainly because of this deep cut that can be used as a bridge when the top is removed from the tunnel:

[Image: IMG-20220721-171130.jpg]

[Image: IMG-20220721-171142.jpg]

I use it (as tunnel only, not as a bridge) on my Plarail layout, but I also used it with TM2 Toby, Philip and Thomas in THIS video.
My YouTube Channel: Mister No
[-] The following 4 users Like Mister No's post:
  • generic_truck_69420, PerkyHydrAan, Rich.gamble, Super
Ah, there it is. I have it but not sure if it has the blue details on the Mines entrances and its too packed away to drag it out to have a look.

Does the upper level fit Trackmaster Rails or just the Trackmaster Road Track?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Mister No, Therealblack64YT
As I understand it, the mine is optimized for TM1 tracks... Here is Thomas' Midnight Ride set with yet another variant of that mine:

[Image: Thomas-Midnight-Ride.webp]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mister No's post:
  • Super
Thanks Mr No 😃
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Mister No
[Image: Naslovnica.jpg]

On Friday, August 5, on Victory Day in our country, my mom Victoria closed her tired eyes and went to a better world. She really loved our little trains and always smiled while watching my videos, so this video is for her. I hope you like it, mom.

The music comes from the work of the German composer Johann Peter Schück (1811-1892) and is called "Nur mit Jesu will Ich Pilger wandern", or in translation "Only with Christ I will gladly go" and was one of my mother's favorite hymns. I am happy that I could play it for her one more time.

Have a safe trip, mom, and see you in eternity. Until then, I will miss you dearly.

• Super
Just beautiful Mr No, for all of us that have lost their Mothers it brought a tear to this old mans eyes. A very sweet tribute to your Mother. Rest well dear Victoria!
  • Mister No
[Image: FERRY-NASLOVNICA-6.jpg]

THOMAS & FRIENDS - ALL ENGINES GO 51:
AEG GULLS & FRIES THOMAS ON THE FERRY

TrackMaster's Boat & Sea Set served as the basis for this track set, but with some changes and adjustments. First, the upper deck of the ferry (the white part of the ship) is raised by a few millimetres so that the ferry can accommodate the AEG engines. (Not all of them, though: AEG Diesel is still a bit too high, Nia's cabin is a bit too wide, and AEG Motorized Carly can get on the ferry, but for some reason can't get off.)

Furthermore, the ordinary circular layout of the mentioned set is inappropriate, as it requires a manual reset of the ferry, i.e. moving it from one pier to another. It would be much better if the ferry just turned around at the same pier, instead of manually moving it to a different pier every time. Therefore, for the purpose of this video, loops were built behind each pier. That way, it's easy to just turn the ferry around at the same pier and wait for the train to pass the loop, come back and board the ferry. You can see that turning operation from
3:31 onwards.

The video shows two different layouts that enable the above. In the first, the locomotives actually use the same loop, but the switches are arranged so that the locomotive always returns to the dock from which it came to the loop, without the need to manually control the switches. In the second, each pier has its own loop for engines that dock at it by ferry and return to it. From
4:19 onwards (and below), you can also see complete images of both layouts.

Finally, a few elements - some extra docks, a little station, the lighthouse, and Carly from the Fix 'Em Up Friends Set - were added to complete the sea and harbour experience.

GULLS & FRIES THOMAS

AEG Gulls & Fries Thomas is, of course, the star of this video. He comes with the Bridge Lift Thomas & Skiff Set, and these lurking for fries seagulls painted on his sides are just lovely! 

OTHER ENGINES IN THIS VIDEO

Motorized Percy
https://youtu.be/qY8tuDJNyA8
Motorized Kana
https://youtu.be/XYXY3OvnMxM
Motorized Kenji
https://youtu.be/qiyzrIrvalc

MUSIC IN THIS VIDEO

Island Wave / Track Tribe
Bumbly March - Music to Delight / Kevin MacLeod
Seaside Piazza / Aaron Kenny

[Image: FERRY-1.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-2.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-3.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-5.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-6.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-7.jpg]

[Image: FERRY-8.jpg]

• Super
LOL...got a kick out of the name of Thomas in this episode...Gulls and Fries. 😊

Great idea and I love the Layout Mr No. I also like how the Ferry gently rocks while navigating the waters. Where does that spooky tree come from? This set is pretty cute for the younguns. They could have easily made the Ferry 'Bi-directional' and corrected the manual operation but maybe their aim is to get the children to physically engage with the layout than to just sit back and watch.

Nice to see you back in the video groove Mr No.

[Image: FERRY-7.jpg]
  • Mister No
Thanks, Super! 🙂

Yes, they probably counted on the kids who in the original variant have to stop the train on a short yellow stop rail and during that time manually move the ferry to the opposite pier. It's kind of stupid to me (flying ferry?), so (since I live in the land of a thousand islands and numerous ferries) I came up with a more realistic concept: turning the ferry in the harbour.

Anyway, Plarail's concept (with a spring that automatically returns the ferry to the starting dock) is probably the best.

The tree, I think, is from the old Schleich range.
  • Super