What would you like to see in Takara Tomy assortment?

3 Replies, 3466 Views

There are a lot of ideas in the "I Wish Tomy Would...." Thread HERE but I would think there are more ideas like some of yours since then.

Although I wouldn't disagree with any of your wishes and quite often I want the same, it would be a bummer for me if after taking so long and expense in acquiring rare items they started to mass produce them. In my old age now and after amassing most of everything I have wanted, I would much rather see newly designed stations, rail pieces and scenery and not so much just copies of the originals. Of course only if they don't cheapen them like some of the accessories in sets in the last couple years.

One thing I totally disagree with is your "extortionist" definition as I don't see it that way at all. Price and worth are two different things in my book. If I have a stone and sell it for a thousand dollars its worth it to the buyer. He wasn't forced to buy it. If something is rare and hard to find it should cost more. Even if the asking price is a ridiculous amount, way over what other exact items sold for, its not worth that until somebody pays that. I have been known to pay way over for rare items that later I found out were selling for less but it was worth it to me to get what I wanted even though I wish I had waited lol. Worth and Want...now that would be an interesting discussion.

One of my biggest wishes was for all blue track items were also made in light gray, the color of the elevated rail especially the Auo-Switches (2 & 3 way) They do make a gray railed Auto transfer Station but I think that was only included in one set so very hard to find.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 4 users Like Super's post:
  • AOF04, Mister No, mod thana, MuddyPoppins

Messages In This Thread
RE: What would you like to see in Takara Tomy assortment? - by Super - 01-19-2020, 03:48 PM