Edward with screw mount face?

9 Replies, 6722 Views

Hey there, I was wondering if there's a tomy or trackmaster Edward that has the Philips screw-mounted face like some of the Thomas trains?
Thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes gmeehanfilms's post:
  • Super
I am not sure myself Gmee and I no longer have any Edwards left to check. It is an interesting question, I hope someone here can check the ones they have for you. Are you asking because the Edward you have is glued on or one that has the posts that are melted? Are you planning on swapping his face with another?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah I tried taking the face off of my old Edward and it broke (luckily I recently bought a new Edward!)
I'm wanting to make custom faces for the engines so that I could swap them out (like they did in the original show.)
  • Super
Does the new Edward have a screw face?
Don't believe so, same make as my old one. I'm wondering if the original trackmaster trains would have screw on faces (like the trains which started having holes in the wheels)

Like this one

[Image: Track-Master-Fisher-Price-2012-Big-Friends-Edward.png]

Or this one

[Image: Track-Master-Fisher-Price-2010-Big-Friends-Edward.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 01-21-2020, 04:06 AM by Super.)
  • Super
Can't you see the inside back of the face by taking the shell off?
It was glued or melted to the funnel part which was glued to the body, the new Edward I got is exactly the same.
  • Super
Is your new Edward the newest Plarail released in 2018 which is different than other releases?
Nope just a 1996/2002 tomy motor road and rail Edward
If the faces have the posts and are melted from within, you can use a rotary tool Xacto knife to remove the melted over 'head' of the post and the face should come off easily.