Yuenchi

16 Replies, 11160 Views

In a previous thread
(11-18-2019, 11:41 AM)chrisjo Wrote: Note that the colouring is identical to the Plarail Yuenchi:
[Image: image.png]
For future reference, and in case anyone ever searches for the word 'Yuenchi' here on BPT:

Yuenchi (Hiragana - ゆうえんち , Kanji - 遊園地) is Amusement Park, and this locomotive comes from Yuenchi Set No.1 or Yuenchi Set No.2, both 1968, or without rails and rides as plain 'Yuenchi Set', which itself had several variations. I don't know where the wagons in the picture above came from?

[Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]   [Image: image.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
幻のプラレールです。
Phantom gem of Plarails indeed.

Parents had one long time ago. Something similar to the bottom one.

[Image: 1ae45b0ad34b3c833fd180cf69b1f6b078dc0b08-70-2-9-2.jpg]
[Image: 3af84520db8d0d449ad99d979b3a9f1f999bedf9-70-2-9-2.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Very interesting. I have seen some of these available in the Japan Auctions. The one in Vio's picture above has a Face sticker on the front but the boxed ones and the photo in the first Post does not.? Hmmm...maybe the face was only on the very first version???
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
The one illustrated on page 109 of our 2019 Plarail Super Picture Book Deluxe has a face on it, but the picture doesn't appear to match the caption, which claims that it's Set No.1. It seems closer to Set No.2 (it has the Ferris wheel in it).
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2020, 01:09 AM by Super.)
[-] The following 1 user Likes chrisjo's post:
  • Super
I didn't even think to check the book Dr Chris. Yes, that does show the engine with a face plus it also show 3 animated accessories too which has one more than the other's pictured. I wonder if their might have been another set making 3 total. I also wonder why they dropped the face in the 2 individual trains pictured above? Maybe the sticker wasn't the best of quality an because its on the front didn't was easily damaged. I do like it with the vintage face and this coming from someone who is always removing faces from these trains Undecided

[Image: DSCN0254.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • chrisjo
A bit of a mystery going on here. This video shows the same rides (including the missing third one), but with different rails, and still a Tomy product?

DuckGWR mentioned this brand recently in the Shuttle Train thread.

[Image: image.png]
Oh...you are right Dr Chris. Glad you mentioned this as I was about to buy that very set as there are several listed on Ebay. I thought the Carnival rides would look neat on a Disney Layout but not without the ability to connect to Tomy Blue Tracks. Looks like those type of tracks were common with the Child Guidance Trains. I wonder if the engine with the face only came with the Child Guidance sets and the faceless ones were Tomy?
  • violater
So these things are called Child Guidance Trains, I did not know that. That will be very useful for my research, thanks Super.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
It was Chrisjo who Linked us to the video above that showed the box with Child Guidance on it. It does look like the Child Guidance sets have those red tracks with the odd connections as Chrisjo says. I don't know what the Japanese version with the Tomy blue tracks are called as those would be the ones I would be interested in.
  • violater
There is a blue version of these tracks? I also didn't know that. There is a lot of homework for me now.