Product Numbering & Bar Code Verification of Phantom Plarail Sets

98 Replies, 63937 Views

Almost all, except their alternate versions. I have counted all the existing C-62汽笛入り in the world, there should be at least 13 surviving ones + 1 destroyed one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
BLUESHARX SKYVIEW, it seems that a very small number was made during a CM. But it wasn't released to the public, therefore this will be the ultimate phantom gem of Plarail, regardless of year of production and made in Japan status. There are 2 of them produced according to our investigations, for the 2002 catalogue image and the CM props.

[Image: 5555.png][Image: 6666.png][Image: 7777.png][Image: 9999.jpg][Image: image0.jpg][Image: image0-1.jpg][Image: image0-2.jpg][Image: image0-3.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
The Skyliner (Old Colour) theory of production stages: It seems that there is an unpainted interior window sill (early type) and a painted interior window sill (late type). On the left, a certain collector has both versions, my Skyliner is painted but it is in between both. We are not sure whether there are 3 types of Skyliners. If you search online, most of the Skyliners have unpainted sills.

Left is comparison between both, right is my Skyliner, showing 3 different sills.

[Image: 111111111.jpg][Image: EWj-BQ9k-Uw-AIEW8-X.jpg]
  • chrisjo, Super
Odd that they went to so much trouble of all the pictures and including the Blue Streak for the 2002 catalog that it wasn't released. The 4th picture under the clear dome looks like it may have been shown in a Plarail Expo.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
We do have images of the Plarail Expo in 2002, but that was only Plarail Fishing, Hikarian, and other events. During that time, no BLUESHARX SKYVIEW is found, no unreleased prototypes were exhibited.
  • Super
Vio, where did you get this picture of the Bluesharx from? I swear that is a picture of mine grabbed from a video I saw A while back and we talked about it before...or at least my aged mind is telling me this so I could be wrong. Or maybe it was another member who posted this and my mind just wants to take credit for it  Undecided  I can't seem to locate the Thread yet here...maybe someone else recalls where it is.

[Image: 9999.jpg]
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
I didn't search the forum, not too sure where the original is. Our team members posted all these BLUESHARX SKYVIEW images in the communications channel and I'm just taking it from there.
  • Super
Sorry, the last 3 posts here by me are supposed to be in the Unrecorded Phantom Gems thread. I feel so stupid now.
https://blueplastictracks.com/showthread.php?tid=4025
Impossible.
The 4th generation EF-58 box was found, it is G-26 (1977). This proves the Plarail Musuem and the us as the entire team wrong that the 4th generation Densha Box was manufactured from 1978-1980. It was actually from 1977-1980, or could be 1977-1979! Most of the Densha Box is G-27 (1978), but this EF-58 is much different than what we expected to be.

[Image: EXCVTMs-UEAASx-8.jpg]
  • chrisjo
I'm back after a long time. We recently found that MS-32 and N-32 exists (which is 1983), we believe that the transition period of the numbering system has happened this year. The boy and girl mark is transitioned to the new TOMY logo in MS-31 (1982). But what made TOMY change their numbering format from MS-nn to N-nn in 1983? A very tough question to answer.

[Image: Untitled.png]

N-32 was taken from the box of the Hankyu 6300 Commuter Express. MS-32 was taken from the Tohoku Joetsu Shinkansen Set as stated in the first post. From here, we recite again the sequence starting from MS-28: "MS-28, MS-29, MS-30, MS-31, MS-32, N-32, N-33 ...

Meanwhile, we recently found that the EL-06 Family Travel Salon Car has the number N-35, this means that this particular Salon Car was manufactured in 1986. Because the Salon Car is confirmed to have the numbers N-35, and TT-36 for now, we know that the Salon Car has been manufactured in these 2 years: 1986 and 1987.
  • chrisjo, Tharazero1