Unrecorded Phantom Gems

158 Replies, 116095 Views

That is a neat Station for its time. Seems like they are not hard to find but a lot of them that become available are broken in some way.

Question: Does the Signal Tower perform an action and if so, is that action Automatic or Manual?
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
They have been around auctions fairly frequently this time, but the price range is quite high. And yes mostly broken roofs and missing friction wheels.

That looks like both automatic and manual. See the black lever just below the stand, it seems that the train will pass it and change the colour of the lamp. Manual because the yellow lever looks like it can be moved by hand. This kind of signal towers are very rare and found in older sets.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Until now, we have seen the brown D-51 single train box, but the blue box is not recorded and I have forgotten to place it here.
This is in front of our Taizen book booth in Comiket, and this is the only known source of such a D-51. Our team made full efforts together to bid on this one, ending at around 30000 yen. This box is the 4th generation box, 1978-1980 only, 4th generation is said to be the hardest box to find out of all the listed 6 generations.
Again as usual about the D-51, the train is not valuable, but this time the box carries 99.5% of the entire value.
Other known blue single item boxes in this generation are Underground Train, DD-51, Oufuku EF-66, Shindai Express, EF-58 (turquoise due to discolouration?).

[Image: EBwv-Enl-UEAYedo-Z.jpg]
1000 yen per book, not per train
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • Finno, MuddyPoppins, Super
Wow, will you look at that. It comes with its own display stand with a special track piece, very cool. That blue box reminds me of that other vintage release line of track accessories but cant remember its name.  I have a tunnel in that line that is gray and green unlike the usual Tomy tunnel that are brown and green. They still look funny to me without its Tender.

Thanks Vio, very interesting.
The display stand and the rail is purposely cut off by us, both not included. This blue is different in such a way where 7 types of trains silhouette are printed on the box. (making it a 4th generation box)

In fact most D-51 during that time have no tenders, the only one with a real tender are Benkei and C62.
  • Super
EL-05 ブルートレーン is a yellow box, but this blue box version is not seen in the market before.

[Image: 11111.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Mister No, Super
I do like that vintage boxes look.
These are called EC box, which were manufactured during the Mid Hikari-Go Mark era. Most of them are yellow.
その5(EC箱)http://www2u.biglobe.ne.jp/~akeda/DOLL/f...aryou1.htm
  • Super
This prototype 211系 in the 60th Anniversary site & 1987 catalogue had different windows than the 211系 that are released before, and is never released in the market before.

[Image: EV7-UKX9-Uw-AELr-ID.png]
This C-11 might be an old product from Hakodate Onuma, but the origin is unconfirmed for now.
A body of C-11 and the chassis of D-51.

[Image: image1.png]