Unrecorded Phantom Gems

158 Replies, 116161 Views

Will never happen at the rate this is going. The black and white 0 series was released with it's reprint opening tickets, without the TOMIYAMA logo.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Odakyu Romance Car Set. It was sold in June 1987 as a special set made by Odakyu Department Store. It will be first mention of this set in the internet after 20 years the website vanished from Google archives. It is a modified version of Basic No. 2 Set.

[Image: 09romancecarset1.jpg][Image: 09romancecarset2.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
I do love the 50's Car looks of these Romance trains. Smile
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Finally, the EC-01 box which was unconfirmed for 44 years appeared in the internet. If you check what was EC-01 on the museum, it will show the 4th generation Densha Box. This one is the 5th generation box.

[Image: Ef8ar1k-Uc-AITt3r.png]
  • Super, Tharazero1
At least in can be confirmed now even though its not in very good condition. Good work to the team. Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • DuckGWR, violater
The roots of all 4 items were found recently, which predates back to 1950 Keystone TOT Railroad. Now we put all 2 headers in.

[Image: Egg-S-w-JVo-AAyutf.jpg][Image: Egg-S-w-GU8-AAIt4p.jpg]
[Image: Egg-S-x3-Uc-AIxz-KY.jpg][Image: Egg-S-1-WUYAA8n-Qu.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, DuckGWR, Finno, Super, Tharazero1
(08-21-2020, 01:02 PM)Vio Wrote: Finally, the EC-01 box which was unconfirmed for 44 years appeared in the internet. If you check what was EC-01 on the museum, it will show the 4th generation Densha Box. This one is the 5th generation box.

[Image: Ef8ar1k-Uc-AITt3r.png]

Finally, after 42 years, the header is confirmed. A navy blue header EC-01 manufactured in G-27 (1978) which is one year later than the Densha Box version manufactured in G-26 (1977). From here, the 2 generations: 4th gen Densha Box and 5th gen EC box, are manufactured during the same time. It is a miracle that these 2 generations coexist.

[Image: Eglv8-Sl-Uw-AE6u-OK.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • DuckGWR, Super, Tharazero1
Before we start, an advertisement:
We are celebrating 9300 thread views with this post. Check out my blog: vio-plarail.hatenablog.com for more case closed and confirmed research topics, some research notes are inside personal collection articles. Active research topics are not discussed in blog, but discussed on a hidden Discord server, and publicly available on Twitter after confirming their existence from official TOMY manufacturing.
Also the YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4TnW1n...dQDNKWvZCA has covered some research topics for the Panorama Express sets.

----------------------------------------

Back to main topic, introducing:

パノラマとっきゅうふえふきはっしゃセット

Panorama Express replaced Shindai Express for unknown reasons. You can see that the initial lighter cream colour Shindai Express was printed in the box art, so this Panorama Express should have been in it's final stages of production as seen in the type of drive wheel. I have covered another set "パノラマとっきゅう基本No.3セット" in the past, where the Panorama Express replaced L Limited Express. In the contents list on the box cover, Shindai Express and L Limited Express respectively was printed, not Panorama Express. I have that set, so I'm able to confirm it's existence.

A view from our team: The seller intentionally replaced the vehicle.

There is no solid evidence, but it's existence is confirmed. So another active case is on.

[Image: m25683157525-1.jpg][Image: m25683157525-2.jpg]
  • Super, Tharazero1
It is a cool set. I see that this set is missing the tubing and aspirator bulb which I think is quite common with this vinatge set.
[-] The following 3 users Like Super's post:
  • DuckGWR, Tharazero1, violater
I saw this one on Mecari and it was sold straight away. Must've sold within an hour or half an hour of the listing being up there. Just shows you how often I check
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super