Unrecorded Phantom Gems

158 Replies, 116125 Views

In the Phantom Gems of Plarail thread, I mentioned about the Highway Bus set. This is the very first time the coloured image version of the Highway Bus set is shown.

[Image: Untitled.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Mister No, Super
According to new Plarail museum, the predecessor of ちょうとっきゅうひかりごうNO.1 was predicted to be でんどうちょうとっきゅうひかりごうセットNO.1, however its existence was not confirmed.
The existence of the predecessor is found by me today. It was quite hard to find because the set name was not indexed in Google search engine.
You can see that the でんどうちょうとっきゅうひかりごうセットNO.1 is a circle layout, but ちょうとっきゅうひかりごうNO.1 is a oval loyout.

[Image: Eok-MDwf-Vo-AEp5-Z0.png][Image: Eok-MYD8-UYAAPJFT.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Strange how this Catalog is both in black & white and color.

Oh my...I love that Bus, might there be a video of it somewhere?

I also have a question about what looks to be road track that has a turn-off piece. Are these road tracks like the modern ones, can they be connected or are these roads for non-motorized vehicles?

I also would like to see more of the Monorail too.

[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
So far no commercials of the highway bus found.

This road set is pretty much unknown at the moment. No images found yet.

The monorail was also mentioned in the same forum post of the highway set, it is Haneda Monorail set. It is not a Plarail, but it is a phantom gem of TOMY that is a top class rarity sold for 57000 yen in C rank condition in the latest auction.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Thank you Vio Smile
  • violater
Believe it or not, a basic Turnout Rail is now a Phantom Gem of Plarail.

[Image: EKJn-E0-CUUAEAk5b.jpg]

Why would I joke in my research? Let me explain in detail:
In 1974, the turnout rail was first manufactured. However during the same year, the transition from slippery surface to sandpaper surface happened. This means that the slippery turnout rail (3rd rail), was manufactured for less than 1 year in 1974. The first occurrence of this rail could be from the initial print of the ひかりごうターンアウトセット or the single item, then sometime in the same year, the set and single items featured the sandpaper surface rail.

[Image: EKJn-E0-GVAAAGGa.jpg]

You can see the differences of the surfaces. The excavation of unopened slippery turnout rails are not found as of today.
Image credit to Mr. Nayuho.

[Image: 1111.png]

By the way, I managed to win these in an auction today, just testing my luck to see whether I get the slippery turnout rail. The front one doesn't look like it, but I'm praying that the 2 behind are slippery rails.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
Please let us know Vio if you get them.
  • violater
(12-02-2020, 03:14 PM)Vio Wrote: 電動プラレール電車セットNo.1 that was never seen in today's eyes, and appeared for the first time online just today. Because there is a number 1 set, there must be a number 2 set. Moreover, both of the 電動プラレール電車セット were never mentioned in any sources and is assumed to be unexcavated Plarail. Train is missing, but it is assumed to be a red 101 series commuter.
This set could have been manufactured around 1968.

[Image: i-img1200x900-16068278586kvaqb685639.jpg]

Mr. Fujisan invited me to his house for a new surprise, he was the successful bidder for the 電動プラレール電車セットNo.1
Everyone saw the side box for the first time.

Our team then researched the estimated year of manufacture, which is 1967. This information is from a past TV show.
We did not find any results for the set as expected, so we took a blind guess based on when the 電動電車 was manufactured. We confirmed the existence of 電動プラレール電車セットNo.2 from the layout manual.

[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Mr Fujisan sounds like a great guy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Super's post:
  • Tharazero1, violater