Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 170400 Views

I'm not sure which is rarer, but I can assume that they are distributed during different magazine events, a year or months apart from each other.
100 is older than 300, but I'm not sure whether both events took place before or after the birth of 300.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
Amazing that the Silver one is also new in the box and beautiful. It is so nice to see the plating so perfect without smudges, fingerprints or scratches. Its like looking in a mirror.

What I noticed is that for the Silver Series 300 Shinkansen they didn't plate the chassis where the Series 100 Gold one they did. Might be due to how the sides of the chassis show on the Gold one.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
Exactly, I was surprised too. It looked more like every other silver 300 Series. The 100 series is very special indeed.
  • Super
(07-04-2020, 09:10 AM)Vio Wrote: On the side, it is めばえ (Mebae) which is the name of the infant magazine. If you search めばえ 1992 on Google, you will see many magazines with that logo. Author states that there were not many magazines during that time.

Next will be Gold Mebae E1 Max
  • Super
Update Phantom Gem 13: 弁慶号VS弁慶号

The article lacks information about the original Benkei, so I will add on. (Will not cover 1998 Plarail Day reprint Benkei)
The Benkei's manufacture period is 1970-1975, information about 1976 is unknown at the moment but it disappeared in all 1977 catalogue versions.
2 manufacturing eras: Merry-Go-Round Mark (1970-1972) and Early Hikari-Go Mark (1973-1975).

[Image: EMW1-HMGVAAAe-R-n.jpg][Image: k206581916-1.jpg]
      Merry-Go-Round Mark           Early Hikari-Go Mark

Moreover, there is a Merry-Go-Round set (the only set) that contained a Benkei that was manufactured in 1972 for only 1 year until the Merry-Go-Round mark was discontinued in 1973. It is a very short lived set. It has the 100 years of the railway opening anniversary logo and the diagonal paper ribbon. It seems that the set was released to commemorate the 100th anniversary of railway. The colour of the Inaka-No-Eki station and the Benkei's brown coach bound for Ueno formation is exclusive to this set. Endless U-Turn layout is extremely rare in a set, also has old type of U-Turn rails.

[Image: b211122506-1.jpg][Image: f271062694-2.jpg]

There are yellow plates that come with each Benkei, however the piers were not included can caused a lot of misunderstandings about the yellow plates (although there are instructions on usage). Single item release of yellow plates are unconfirmed at the moment (research is still conducted till today). Older piers will only fit into the yellow plate, and they are necessary as the chimney of the Benkei is too tall to pass through a regular pier. C-sized battery is fitted into the tender, the motor might have a unique shape (no images found for the motor block yet, will update once I get the Benkei).
  • Super
Is the ribbon paper or cardboard?
Very soft cardboard, but can be folded like paper. Each ribbon has a different texture.
  • Super
Anxious to see pictures and maybe a video, of yours when it arrives.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • violater
(03-29-2020, 12:48 AM)Vio Wrote: Phantom Gem 52b: Spanish Yuuenchi
[Image: 197449220-tcimg-87324-AFA.png][Image: 197449220-195621240-tcimg-16-DAE949.png]

There's one on eBay at the moment but it looks incomplete.
https://www.ebay.es/itm/GEYPERTREN-PLAY-...2423816194

[Image: image.png]
[-] The following 3 users Like chrisjo's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1, violater
That bridge looks suspiciously different from the normal bridges released during that time. The bridge is not released in other Plarail sets, nor a single item existed. It seems that a different mold exists somewhere in the country of origin.
  • Super