Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 168729 Views

(04-03-2020, 03:08 AM)Vio Wrote: the rumoured 80 Series Blue Frog Kit

It exists. The original box. And the other garage kits, 115系, 73系 and 103系

[Image: EVk-Ph-Ef-UUAEBbyx.jpg][Image: EVk-LLm-ZUc-AAy3sp.jpg]
Phantom Gem 60: 2 Brothers, 1 Clock Elevator Building, 2 Phantom Gems

Just today, these 2 are confirmed true phantom gems of Plarail.

ハイウェイターミナルステーションセット Highway Terminal Station Set
[Image: unnamed.jpg][Image: h275073340-1.jpg]

ハイウエィふみきりステーションセット Highway Railroad Crossing Station Set
[Image: EUGRp-Eo-Uw-AAXKV9.jpg][Image: EUGRp-En-UEAEFEfg.jpg]

Sharing 1 common thing:
[Image: EUGRp-Em-UYAAf-Du-J.jpg]

Both released in 1974, and out of print 1 year later. There are only 2 Highway Terminal Station Sets that were exhibited on auctions. 82000 yen January this year, and the other for 180000 yen a few years ago. Highway Railroad Crossing Station Set never seen on auctions before. The clock elevator building never came back, we all had high hopes for one right after the last set was exhibited. The clock elevator tower almost shared the same platform as the airport tower in the 1978 New International Airport Set. The train would stop, friction wheel powers the clock and the moving elevator, bell sounds and rotating cylinder on top was the ultimate gimmick building of Plarail. The building is said to be a mirage that was never seen in the chronology of Plarail. Both trains are initial mold とっきゅう, Limited Express. These are on the way to becoming true phantom gems very soon. First the とっきゅう, then the double switch Tokiwa.
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I do love these old sets. Wouldn't it be neat (although not practical) if they would re-make- re-release sets like these for a limited production run.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
i like the chrome wheels on the old bus.
My Trackmaster/Tomy/Plarail Photo Gallery Page (over 600+ photos and still under construction)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/183311600@N03/
[-] The following 1 user Likes leylandvictory2's post:
  • Super
Our team have the Highway Railroad Crossing Station Set, it was dealt with the warehouse owner from the previous threads. Probably this will be only new set in the world, we checked everywhere, even used condition was out of sight.
This is the only video demo of the set: https://streamable.com/ckl1ny

[Image: EUGRp-El-U8-AUsgrq.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
That is so cool. That car looks very big since its the same wheel base width as the road track. Is there a chance to get a side by side comparison with the newer type Motor BO Tomica vehicles? Which vehicle drives the building actions, train, vehicle or both?
It is the same size, except that the car uses 1E wheels and the motor Tomica has white wheels. My Plaroad bus is only 2/3 size of that car.
  • Super
Phantom Gem 61: Orange Girders with Holes

The only time these girders appeared are in the D-51りったいだいてっきょうセット, never released separately.
They had their own connectors and needed their own adaptors for connecting newer piers. Adaptors are small so once they get lost, it is impossible to use these girders. These are released for a very short time in 1972-1973, during the old coupling era, the blue plate D-51 era.

[Image: m71313424541-2.jpg][Image: m71313424541-1.jpg][Image: m71313424541-10.jpg][Image: m71313424541-5.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
My affection for bridges is not a secret around here and I thought this version of a girder bridge was special and I had to have one. Took me quite a while to attain one but after it arrived the plastic was so brittle it broke apart. I would try to glue it up but it would just break in another spot. I searched for another thinking (hoping)  that I would have better luck with a second one. When I received the second one, it had the same brittle problem so both of them were tossed. Pity as I think this design was one of the best. Probably due to the plastic used at that time coupled with the age made it so brittle.

Hey Plarail....how about a re-issue of this bridge as part of a special set in the future using modern plastics? Are you listening?
You mean you had one of these orange girders before? Did you get it as a loose piece?
  • Super