Continuation of BigLobe Plarail Museum

256 Replies, 170391 Views

Yes, that one is so much more interesting than the newer versions.

On another note: I hadn't realized that you have done a lot of train modifications that I see in your past Blog's Vio

BTW...love your new Avatar
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
That is not my blog, its a team mate's blog. The avatar was taken during VRFuchu event.
My blog (more like museum) is https://muuseo.com/Vio_Plarail#floor , it just started a few weeks ago and will be populated when I feel like it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes violater's post:
  • Super
(04-21-2020, 12:59 AM)Vio Wrote: never released separately.

Sorry, there is actually a single item. It contained 4 tall girders, 2 short girders and maybe 2 or 4 adaptors. The bag header is from 1975 to 1980, so it seems that the orange girders with holes family were either reprinted after the D-51 set version became out of print or the set had a longer sales span until 1975. Could the 2nd opinion.
It is really hard to find information these days.

[Image: 8888.png][Image: 777.png]
  • Super
Interesting with the holes in them
Phantom Gem 62: ゆうえんち汽車カタログ Yuuenchi Era Catalogue

A very small amount of catalogues were produced during 1968. When TOMIYAMA changed their name to TOMY, and the Merry-Go-Round mark was implemented, a change of era had begun. The catalogue introduces the Yuuenchi Set 1 and 2 for the first time, each set produced for less than a year. The rarest set in the catalogue: Ranch Set: 300 yen, was released much later than the release of the catalogue, and not much demand of scene parts forces the ranch set to be produced for only 5 months in 1970. The first known survivor was excavated just today.

[Image: EXuf-Km9-Uc-AAc54h.jpg]

(05-10-2020, 04:47 PM)Vio Wrote: maybe 2 or 4 adaptors

Just confirmed it is 4.
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 06:45 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
(05-10-2020, 04:47 PM)Vio Wrote: maybe 2 or 4 adaptors

Just confirmed it is 4.
I am always amazed to see items I have not seen before. Look at those crossing gates and that small intersection track piece

[Image: EXuf-Km9-Uc-AAc54h.jpg]
Those ones, I have seen them before. These are the initial type rail part accessory packs. They are sold in plastic bags, with the initial type Plarail Merry-Go-Mark header. They were hard to use in a layout and needs a lot of 1/8 rails. to cover up their sizes. Intersections are sky blue colour, and the size of a 1/8 rail.

There is the rare type of dark blue, very mysterious where it came from...
[Image: 2222.png]
  • Super
Phantom Gem 63: C-58じょうききかんしゃ C-58 Steam Locomotive

At first we were hesitant to group it here, but it is now the right time to do so. The single C-58 3 car set was manufactured around 1970-1973, but the C-58 Set was only released in 1972 for around 1 year. Both boxes are one of the most difficult ones to find today. With a estimated price of 33000+ yen for the 3 car set and 68000+ yen for the set version at the worst condition, it is still far cheaper than the C-62 and the Blue D-51 Kisha. It is the only steam locomotive with 6 red wheels, a C sized battery fits in the body, first generation siderods, and the tender car & upper body mold is based on the D-51 at that time. Passenger car bound for Ueno is found in other sets during that time too. It seems that production rate is normal during that time, but the number of survivors are gradually decreasing over time. It is hardly ever found on flea markets and auction sites today. Today it is a monster of a Plarail that is sought after by both antique collectors and steam locomotive enthusiasts.

[Image: ER8s-U7-NUw-AEau5.jpg][Image: i-img600x450-1570944104nnlzv4291652.jpg][Image: r-115-300x225.jpg][Image: r-116-300x225.jpg][Image: 777.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like violater's post:
  • chrisjo, Super
I did see a set available I think a few months ago. I do see that turn table show up more than the set though. I always liked the look of the gantry in the middle but wondered if that is really feasible in real life. What amazes me is that the Turntable must be somewhat big if it can turn a steamer with its Tender.