Shipping woes

66 Replies, 44310 Views

I haven't had any delays on getting on a ship from Buyee either. DHL has been delivering within 3-5 days from when it is dispatched from the warehouse from both Buyee and Jauce, but I have waited multiple weeks for shipment requests to be ready to ship from Jauce. I though some of the delay was because I was asking for things to be combined, but a friend on Twitter has been waiting almost two weeks for a single item to be ready to ship to him.

I have not shipped anything via boat from Jauce to know if that takes longer as well, but their DHL delivery did take about a day longer between when they prepared the DHL tracking number and when it actually left their warehouse then my Buyee shipments.

I have basically decided to switch to using Buyee in the future, between having lower fees, not having to pre-deposit to bid on auctions, and frequently having coupons for first time purchasers on Mercari, which you also cannot access through Jauce, and now the shipping fiasco (which, I recognize, is not Jauce's fault in any way, but Buyee seems to be running better under the same restrictions), I think I will use Buyee if I continue to buy things from Japan (I think I might be getting close to "finished," I grabbed both Talk n Action destinations as well as several of the exclusive pieces to the Donald and Douglas set for a very good price. Maybe it's time to give classic TrackMaster the love I've been neglecting it since I got hooked on Plarail)
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
I will have to check out this Buyee agent.
[Image: super-smiley-emoticon.gif]
Yeah its pretty good. The fees are a flat rate, 200yen per successful bid and 300yen for using the website. You can also pay an extra 500yen for insurance which is optional. So the max fees you have to pay per item is 1000yen, no matter how expensive the item is
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2020, 03:51 PM by Super.)
[-] The following 2 users Like Tharazero1's post:
  • MuddyPoppins, Super
(09-18-2020, 03:15 PM)Tharazero1 Wrote:  200yen per successful bid

Does this mean that every time you bid and are the highest you get charged 200yen? or for each Auction win whether it be winning as a highest bidder at the end or a Buy It Now win?

Plus isn't there also another charge of 300yen for the bank transfer fee?
No, Super, the 200 yen per bid comes when you win the auction, as does the rest. Here is a screenshot from an auction I won recently
[Image: Screenshot-20200918-173207.jpg]
I opted to go for the "lite" plan, as I typically do.
If they do have a 300 yen bank fee I am not sure where it gets factored in. I thought it might be included with the domestic shipping charge, which you pay for with the international shipping
[Image: Screenshot-20200918-173322.jpg]
I double checked and 1800 yen matches what the original auction stated
[Image: Screenshot-20200918-173905.jpg]
Overall on Buyee I paid 500 yen in fees. On Jauce I would have paid 400 yen + 8% of the item price (3980 * 0.08=318) plus the 300 yen bank fee for a total of 1018 yen - over double. Shipping cost me nothing extra on Buyee (I could have paid 1500 yen for "smart packing" like Jauce does, but it is optional.) They will slap their own label over the original domestic shipping box. If you order package consolidation, it is 500 yen for two items or 1000 yen for three or more. If you combine packing and do not do "smart packing," they take the original domestic shipping boxes and put them in a larger one with packing material to fill large voids. On Jauce checking right now with items I have yet to ship, it seems they are charging between 500 yen and 1000 yen for larger, heavier items for repacking of single items, which is not optional for single items.

Personally I have not used the more expensive shipping options from Buyee (I'm a cheapskate :p) and still appreciate what Jauce puts into their packing, but it's nice to not have another 20 dollars going on top of item and international shipping charges.

I also like using Mercari because it's an outright buy and I don't have to hope a snipe bid or high bid will hold up. Domestic shipping is also usually paid by the seller as well. As far as I know Jauce does not support Mercari.

They have a promotion running right now through the end of the month where your first purchase on Mercari will grant you one 5000 yen and one 1000 yen off international shipping coupon. The previous coupons of this style required that the item you ship with the coupons to be from Mercari, or there be an item from Mercari in a consolidated package.
I have a website where I have been writing about and photographing many of the sets and pieces that I find interesting.
[-] The following 2 users Like DuckGWR's post:
  • Super, Tharazero1
Thanks for all that information Duck Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Super's post:
  • Tharazero1
Ahhh i never knew what the protective packaging option was for buyee. For me I often don't pick that, I just consolidate the packages and click send. 1,500 yen is a bit more than I would like to pay to have that option done
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tharazero1's post:
  • Super